No announcement yet.

Cost of a bearing swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i got a good mechanic to do the hard stuff for me and i replaced the rear brakes myself still cost me alot. the one mechanic that i originaly went to wanted 170 for labor on the bearings but i found another guy to do it for a fraction of the price. but i also have him do the tie rod and axle at the same time so it was still around 400 when all was said and done. plus the cost of brakes. i found out today when taking the old pads off they were fms pads i didn't know that but hey sometimes you get that when your buying a used car.
    um...

Comment

I replaced the boots on my cv axles, and it worked great! If the axles aren't knockking or making crazy noises.. go for the boots. Its does take more time than just replacing the whole axle, but its an experience, and its under half the price.--Jeremie

Comment

cost

had the rite front bearing done today. thats both bearings, seal , spacer and cleaned in the hot tank. all for 112.00 bucks
        1992 black GL
        1991 white GL
        1991 blue L parts car
        1992 blue L from Japan R.H.D.
        1948 ford conv. hot rod

Comment

preload

need to know what the preload is on the axcel nut :? . shop says it has to be rite or bearings wont last.
          1992 black GL
          1991 white GL
          1991 blue L parts car
          1992 blue L from Japan R.H.D.
          1948 ford conv. hot rod

Comment

Working...
          X