Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am going to try and replace my windshield!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After April we could meet half way and I'll do it for you. I have a house in Joplin, thats where my family lives now, I just have to finish up my time here in cali. In march I will be in Georgia for the whole month doing windshield for Warner trucking....150-200 unit 2 windshield per unit. That's ALOT of glass. So if anyone in the northern GA/South TN area needs one I'll be there too.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES
      If you guys want hold off till ohiostiva -07 or something and I'll bring up a dozen of those winshields or so and put one in for whoever wants one 100 bucks windshield, labor, and glue.
      Your coming all the way out here for Ohiostiva? Would you sell a windshield not installed, just to have a spare?
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Hell yeah I am.....the festiva is the only car I have left to drive out there besides my eclipse 1.8 sohc, which at the moment is a rollling chassis. I made the journey to joplin in 22 straight, so I'm sure i could make it to Ohio easy. I'll talk to my glass rep se if there's a shop in Ohio in your neck of the woods. I'll put it on will-call and you can go pick it up. The only place i can think of that would be up there would be Pilkington, and the festiva windshield is 54 bucks from them if i remember right.

Comment

I install a new film.

It's a 4 mil thick film that goes onto the OUTSIDE of the window (traditional tint goes on the inside). It prevents the glass from pitting and prevents rock chips.

Best part is rain, snow, and ice can't grab onto it very well since SR polyester is less porous than glass.

So far it's held up very well in the MN winter. I scrape my windshield everyday and no scratches yet.

Of course, for the price of getting this done you could buy two festiva windshields. LOL. Festiva/Aspires are not exactly the target market.
          www.dantheoilman.com
          AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
          Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
          Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Where is Pilkington? Thats cool your coming out here for the meet! Can't wait to meet ya!
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES
              It takes more than just an ordinary caulking gun to dispense eurathane.. I't high viscosity, meaning you'll probablly get a sore forearm from it. You'll probably even break the caulking gun trying to dispense this glue.
              Well now you tell me.... my forearms were killing me...and I used a cheap 3 dollar gun...still works fine...lol
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I liked the way the guns worked that the glass companies use around here .
                Glass Specialty ..
                I had to have one , it almost works like a hydraulic assisted , Wes you prolly know which one I mean , it is orange , heavy duty , very smooth operation , when you stop pulling it stops pumping , it does not keep oozing after you let off.
                ------------------------------------------------
                The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

I've seen plenty of electric caulk guns. Those are neat.
                  www.dantheoilman.com
                  AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
                  Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
                  Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

I have the milwaukee 12v cordless, but i use a 14.4 volt in mine. They have a mechanism in them that backs off the pressure to the glue when you let go of the trigger. You can buy the one from lowe's/home depot Ryobi but i hate it...cheap looking.

I am going to the glass shop now...I'll see if they have a location close to you guys. I have a job on a DC2 K20 powered race car to do.

Comment

Columbus Ohio has a Pilkington distribution/willcall center. I have the phone number from my rep. I'll get a physical location for you on monday beings that they are closed on the weekends.

Comment

I got mine last summer for 160 brand new installed from Safelite Glass. I didn't even have to take my car to the shop. The guy came in a van and I got to watch. I'm sure I could have gotten a better price but I got quality stuff. I think I'll leave it to the professionals to do their job. I've learned from my dad when he broke three windshield in a row that it's a pita.

Black '89 Ford Festiva L with 4 Speed Manual Transmission

Comment

Safelife.....what a schister company.....all the guys down here in cali that work for safelife never pull a cowl to do a windshield, on a honda, chevy/ford pickups, and countless other things.

Comment

^^Most shops I've seen have their caulk tubes in an specific electric heater that holds like 8 tubes..

Comment

I've replaced quite a few over the years.. Cold is your enemy.. I seen them crack just picking them up..

Comment

Working...
                              X