Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I Adjust the Odometer to Match Current Cluster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what, every time I have switched a non-tach speedo for one with a speedo the non-tach always has a lower milage than the tach on I've put in. Really I dont care about the milage. Maybe if I've had a under 25k mile car I might give a rats behind but in real life "IF" i ever where to sell the festy the mileage wouldn't be a concern. The motors are just as reliable as any Honda I've ever worked with. So it's more a matter of how the owner drives it than the mileage.

Maybe packrat can find out.
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

When you have one replaced at new car dealer under warrantee,they just install new one and document the fix in their computer.
      Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
      99 Dodge Caravan SE
      95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
      94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
      78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
      78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
      03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
      95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
      95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
      95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

ok i just got a reply from the missouri state highway patrol and heres what they say about odometers, im also awaiting a response from the attorney general from missouri ill keep ya updated

this is from highway patrol

Missouri Revised Statutes, Chapters 407.511, 407.516, 407.521, 407.526, 407.531. 407.536 and 407.546 cover odometer fraud, requirements on titles, and repair or replacement.

First: "Mileage" is defined as "the actual distance that a vehicle has traveled", second: "When the repaired or replaced odometer is incapable of registering the same mileage as before the service, repair, or replacement, the odometer shall be adjusted to read zero and a notice in writing shall be attached to the left door frame of the vehicle by the owner or his agent, specifying the mileage prior to repair or replacement of the odometer and the date on which it was repaired or replaced."

When you view the MSHP web page there is a menu for "Statutes" that will allow you to view the most current laws.
        2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
        1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
        1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
        http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

Thanks again DJ for your help. Today, I finally got around to taking apart the tach cluster's odometer so that I could run the numbers up to my current mileage reading of 362861 miles. It went fairly well, but it is kinda of a PITA. Those numbers really move around with the keeper off and the first time I was one number high so it read 473972 miles. :cry: Anyway, I got it going and the Tach cluster is in.

Now for a new issue. The speedometer on the tach cluster is reading high by about 10-15% :evil: :evil: :evil: . My old standard speedo was spot on. The new cluster reads 45 MPH at 39 mph real speed. When it reads 65 mph, my actual speed is 58 mph. What gives?? Did auto trans have a different revs per mile compared to the 5 speed trans?? Thanks again for any light that you all can shed on this :!: :!: :!:
          1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
          2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Working...
          X