No announcement yet.

back seat tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you follow the instructions? I've heard many festy owners say that and then I did it for them in front of them with their own cars. I've never seen a festy that wouldn't do it. I've owned 19 including a bunch of LXs with the split fold rear. Perhaps your seat belts are holding it down. They will pull through. The festy in the pic is a split fold rear.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

It WILL lay back, but not flat... the black tube that makes the hinge sticks up and makes the bottom part of the back of the seat sit way higher than the bottom of the seat. maken any sense? lol
      88 Smaller Hauler

Comment

i think you have the seat belts stuck under the bottom of the seat... try and flip them out from under the "butt" part of the seat and then maby it will lay flat...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

One of the may reasons I love my Festiva

Comment

Originally posted by gottafesty View Post
            It would be perfect for my miter saw and stand when I pick it up from my uncle's this week.
            One miter saw and stand.... no problem.

sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by shortystowing View Post
              It WILL lay back, but not flat... the black tube that makes the hinge sticks up and makes the bottom part of the back of the seat sit way higher than the bottom of the seat. maken any sense? lol
              I think that's just how they lay down. My 92 GL also has a "step" between the back rest and the seat bottom when laid flat.
              Oscar

Comment

Yeah perucho is right. That step is the pillow!
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                  Yeah perucho is right. That step is the pillow!
                  nah i lay with my head up at the dash... its way better

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
                    I though this was something else, lol. "back seat tricks" too funny. I guess I'm just dirty.
                    You and me both.
                    Not sure why, just stupidly figured the back rest part of the backseat would be too wide to do that. Very Cool.

We don't need no stinking hotel rooms.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Great. Thanks a lot Paul. Now, because of you, I'll have to take my battery out of the trunk, and try to somehow find somewhere else to put it...
                      The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

That's funny! That's the precise reason I wouldn't put mine in the rear! Pass front is where it needs to be. That's the wheel that hops.

Comment

Dear god, I'm putting my backseats back in just so I can do that!
                          '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

I didn't know that either. What the heck. In your video, it looks like it does lay flat. Is it flat, or does it have the step?

Comment

It has the little step.

Comment

Working...
                              X