X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• huge supercar race

pretty awesome vid

Now that is freakin' SWEET! Thanks!
    Heh Heh, there are Festiva's on this forum faster than a couple of those! :p
    Greg, you wanna race a Lotus?
    Last edited by drddan; 09-20-2011, 04:25 PM.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

What did we learn? That the boss 302 has the best bang for the buck!

For 42K running 12.4 thats not bad compared to a 90k GTR for another 40k you could make that boss run 9s

I really am a believer in the that Z06 thou i mean i hate Z06's but its one of those love to hate things because they just are really bad!
      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

This has been reposted three times on another forum
        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
          This has been reposted three times on another forum
          i didnt see it here... not sure if you mean another sub forum or a completely diffferent site.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
            i didnt see it here... not sure if you mean another sub forum or a completely diffferent site.
            Another site. It still is really awesome.
            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

That is a pretty cool video for sure!!

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post

For 42K running 12.4 thats not bad compared to a 90k GTR for another 40k you could make that boss run 9s

I really am a believer in the that Z06 thou i mean i hate Z06's but its one of those love to hate things because they just are really bad!
              I agree with everything you said Marcus, but think of it from a millionaire's perspective, they don't like getting their pretty little hands dirty so they'd rather pay for a fast car then build one

Of course thats not always the case though

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post

im gonna have to disagree. the gtr would outperform on so many other levels. the gtr is not a drag car. the boss is only a better deal if you are only concerned with driving in a straight line

Comment

Woah there buddy, the Boss 302 is a track bred car, designed and tuned at Laguna Seca. the Boss 302 has always been the lightweight track car
                  Owner of:
                  1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                  In progress:
                  BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
                    Woah there buddy, the Boss 302 is a track bred car, designed and tuned at Laguna Seca. the Boss 302 has always been the lightweight track car
                    So what's it run around the Nurburgring?

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

what's it matter, there's nothing like the "ring" anywhere else in the world and i don't know about Arkansas, but up here in Pensultuky, the roads are anything but pristene and there's NOWHERE to stretch any of those cars legs in any safe way....

light to light races are what matter anymore and even that is stomped on by "the man".
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I don't race on the roads. But if I did, we have some beautiful roads up in the Ozark and Boston mountain ranges. I don't care about stop light to stop light. That doesn't represent my feelings toward a car.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

don't get me wrong, i'm not a fan of ANY straight line racing, to me, that's not racing, it's beating on your car for 12 sec. racing takes driver skill and a well tuned chassis/engine balance.
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

yeah my point was that its gonna take more than 40k to make that boss perform better in every area and still have the same reliability as the gtr

Comment

Accoring to Road & Track, the Boss 302 lapped Laguna Seca in 1:39.5..........which puts it dead in GTR territory. Also runs a low 12 quarter mile and pulls over 1.0G on a skidpad. As for durability, it lapped Laguna for 2 straight days, needing only tires and fuel. It's all in this article below..

Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
                              X