No announcement yet.

my friends new toy... (2jz thunderbird)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you should be able to graft fox body suspention onto the t-bird... and maybe add a helper leaf to the right side.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

we tried putting drag springs for a fox in it and they "fit" but are way to short in the rear... it looked like it was under a huge launch all the time lol... its got a helper bag in the rear but it needs more... it needs a "proper" suspension system... right now its a stock diff, stock springs (plus the bag) and cheap shocks and the only thing thats "good" on the rear is upgraded 4 link bars (goes in the factory place) with polly bushings... its a getto rear suspension system, but it seams to work ok for now...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

ok just did a quick hunt, and i believe that you could substitute front cherokee shocks (adjustable) onto the rear of the 'bird.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

wow that is wild!
          Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!!! That is some insane amount of power!!!!

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
            -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

I'd do a build like that just for the sake of spiting those guys that drop V8s into Supras.

Comment

that is just unreal, but why a tbird?!

there is a twin turbo bulit LS1 stuck in a mercury zephyr in my town

Comment

thats AWESOME!!!!! it riminds me of the twin turbo ls1 volvo 740 wagon on youtube...

why a t-bird you ask?... why a mercury zephyr or volvo 740 wagon... cause we can... and no one else has been stupid enough to do it before... before i had my festiva i had the chance to get a 1962 toyota crown and i wanted to 2jz swap that so bad... it would have made me broke but i bet i would never see another one like it in the world, and thats why i wanted to do it... i like being diffrent and showing people that things can be done if you think outside of the box and then the only limit is what you can think of and how deep your pockets are... shame my pockets are not as deep as i would like...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
                  X