No announcement yet.

Tweaks Rollover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, 200/120 -2 degrees on all 4 wheels 1/8-1/4 toe out in the front ( depended on track temperature) and 0 toe in the rear. I'll explain it all better in my thread. Remember, those numbers are for street tires on a roadcoarse. R compound rubber will be different and autocross will be much different.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

haha is it me or does the car look so much faster in desert video .....
      New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
        Here is a picture of the same corner, later in the day, when I did save it:p
        Anybody else think that should be in the calendar??? I believe that's the ONLY picture of a magazine-grade performance shot of a Festiva in action that I've ever seen! It's definitely desktop worthy...
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

9 min and 20'some seconds in... Good save.
          www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
          www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
          Snoopy's
          4621 Atlantic Ave
          Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
            haha is it me or does the car look so much faster in desert video .....
            Those were tighter corners, and much closer together. I wasn't actually pushing the car on those street videos. On the track I was on the limit, watch my lines and you'll notice I slide from painted bumper curb to painted bump curb. Most of those corners are being taken in 3rd, some in fourth (I was down shifting into third when I slid off). The car will top out the speedo in third, so you can imagine the corner speed being carried through. It's hard to judge on video. I'll try to post another one tonight with more lap traffic.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

It was the video im sure !!! video effect !! I was studying the car every shift every turn , mental roll through . Your car is fast !! Handling is unreal and impressive !!
              New build on the way .

Comment

idk how i missed this but ahhhh it was crazy ahah glad it didnt roll!

Are your shifts still that long? still running stock shifter?
                93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

My shifts are a little faster now because I changed to a different transmission fluid that works better. But now (with the R compound tires) I don't shift nearly as much as I did in that video. The shifter length and throw are stock, but the bushings are solid and the linkage is adapted to the g15mr.
                  I don't speed shift the car because it doesn't really improve lap times, but it does reduce the life of the drivetrain. It's not uncommon for me to put down 750 or more miles on the track a weekend. That's a lot of shifts, and a lot of stress on the drivetrain. Also, I tend to time my shifts to certain spots on the track, to maintain a rhythm.
                  In that video I was on Nankang street tires, and I was trail breaking and downshifting mid corner to rotate the car and scrub speed. It worked fairly well up until the tires reached their absolute limit, then things went south (actually I went west, lol) in a hurry. Now I run Toyo Proxes r888 tires and I can maintain much more momentum through the corners. Needless to say, the car is much easier to keep on the track with the R compound rubber.

Comment

Nice explanation charlie great useful info in there. 750 miles is serious !
                    93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                    RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                    RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Free rides for any FF members who come out to the track! I promise not to roll the car :p

Oh, and by the way. An update on the aftermath of the almost rollover. I've gotten the O.Z. wheels just about refurbished with some rust oleum spray paint and they are going on my 93 automatic "rush hour" car (Rosie). Every time I go to a race shop in town, to deliver parts or pick something up or whatever, it never fails. Someone always say's, "hey, is that the car that almost rolled on firebird east?" or "have I seen the bottom of that car before?". lol. Apparently, tweak is now quite a local celebrity. It seems that 90 percent of the people at the track were watching and they all saw the bottom of Tweak. Well, it's better than, "is that a Yugo?" or "nice fiesta!". lol.
                      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 08-14-2012, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X