• Show
Clear All

Sweet cake!

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Wow I have only had my 92 Gl auto on the road for a few months and put about 1,300 miles on it., and it is still under 97K. That is great that your car is running after 400K plus. How long have you owned yours?

Welcome to the site from central Illinois.

Festivame

Comment

Originally posted by Festivame View Post
        ?...... How long have you owned yours?......
        After totaling out my '91 which I bought new, I bought this one, a '90, in March of '94. He had 53,000. My best friend drives one as well and between the two of us we have owned 8 different one.

BTW, the cars name is "Thunder" ..... oh and my name is Jeff.
        _(O|||||||O)_

Comment

Actually it was March of '95, not '94 when I bought him
          _(O|||||||O)_

Comment

You're just getting broke in. I've owned 26 so far. 8)
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Driveable?
              _(O|||||||O)_

Comment

All but 5 or so. My latest is an 87k carbed LX.
                Post pictures here! (No inapropriate posts - children visit FF.com too!)
                Last edited by neanderpaul; 06-23-2012, 07:45 AM.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by jpet View Post
                  Hi All,

That Festiva is mine:

The reason the car sounds like it is falling apart in the video is because I was driving on a rock parking lot. [lol] Believe it or not, two days after that historic event, I hit another deer on the way to work. That makes 4 confirmed kills. One more and I'll be an Ace . Anywho, took out my radiator, caused me to overheat (unknowingly) and blew a head gasket. Since then, I have repaired everything and I've clocked another 1k or so.

I repaired that gas gauge several years ago. The way I did it was I bought a long spool of tungsten wire, spray painted it with an epoxy, and re-wrapped the rheostat till I got the correct ohms resistance, and reinstalled. It worked for several years and it still does unless it is very hot outside. Then for some reason, it does not read but I am able to see how much gas I have in the morning when it is cooler or in the winter lol. As you can tell by my pic, I am pretty lazy with the repairs.

Thanks for watching my video! So far, no thumbs downs yet
                  I see you have some quarter panel rust there... If you ever feel like driving to MI I'd be happy to cut that out and weld in some new metal for you so It can go another 500k. I could also paint the front end if you're interested in matching it.

'grats on the milestone.
                  1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
                  Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
                  daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
                  A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Hi All,

That Festiva is mine:

The reason the car sounds like it is falling apart in the video is because I was driving on a rock parking lot. [lol] Believe it or not, two days after that historic event, I hit another deer on the way to work. That makes 4 confirmed kills. One more and I'll be an Ace . Anywho, took out my radiator, caused me to overheat (unknowingly) and blew a head gasket. Since then, I have repaired everything and I've clocked another 1k or so.

I repaired that gas gauge several years ago. The way I did it was I bought a long spool of tungsten wire, spray painted it with an epoxy, and re-wrapped the rheostat till I got the correct ohms resistance, and reinstalled. It worked for several years and it still does unless it is very hot outside. Then for some reason, it does not read but I am able to see how much gas I have in the morning when it is cooler or in the winter lol. As you can tell by my pic, I am pretty lazy with the repairs.

Thanks for watching my video! So far, no thumbs downs yet
                    Ha...light weight....I am at 6 and hopefully never again....4 of them were in the same year. Welcome to the site...
                    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    There ain't no rest for the wicked
                    until we close our eyes for good.
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                      All but 5 or so. My latest is an 87k carbed LX.....
                      Cool!. "Thunder" has pretty well been the flag ship of them all but all 8 of ours have served on active duty for us or one of our family members. Eventually, all but 2 have made the ultimate sacrifice and given their life for their fellow Festiva.
                      Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
                      I see you have some quarter panel rust there... If you ever feel like driving to MI I'd be happy to cut that out and weld in some new metal for you so It can go another 500k. I could also paint the front end if you're interested in matching it.
                      Thanks but this car is famous in the area for that look. Hate to destroy the patina
                      Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                      Ha...light weight....I am at 6 and hopefully never again....4 of them were in the same year. Welcome to the site...
                      Congrats on that. Same car? I have hit 4 with this one, but I have probably got 9 or more life time. I'm not sure if the last one counts as a hit, because the deer actually slipped on the road in front of me and I ran over it! Poor thing :'(. Once a rabbit jumped up in front of me and took my grill out so I think I might be the only Festiva owner who ran over a deer but "smacked into" a rabbit. lol
                      _(O|||||||O)_

Comment

Cool!. "Thunder" has pretty well been the flag ship of them all but all 8 of ours have served on active duty for us or one of our family members. Eventually, all but 2 have made the ultimate sacrifice and given their life for their fellow Festiva.
                        Thanks but this car is famous in the area for that look. Hate to destroy the patina

Congrats on that. Same car? I have hit 4 with this one, but I have probably got 9 or more life time. I'm not sure if the last one counts as a hit, because the deer actually slipped on the road in front of me and I ran over it! Poor thing :'(. Once a rabbit jumped up in front of me and took my grill out so I think I might be the only Festiva owner who ran over a deer but "smacked into" a rabbit. lol
                        lol...nope...you got me....mine was 2 times with a Kia Sportage and the rest were all 1 hit wonders.
                        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        There ain't no rest for the wicked
                        until we close our eyes for good.
                        I will sleep when I die!
                        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
                        X