Skateboarding day one after many years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post

i love this and have been looking for a fish tail.
    ;
    www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
    rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
    '92 Festiva L M/T
    '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

I'm thinking about grabbing an old 80s board or trying to find a cheap longboard again
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
        Ahhhhh the memories :mrgreen:

I used to rock one of these as my primary means of transportation and source of fun.

Yes!! Man the big boards are just stable.
        Last edited by neanderpaul; 07-25-2013, 10:53 AM.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
          I used to own an Original Skateboard Apex 37 Longboard. They have large springs instead of bushings and man did that thing carve! Scary! It was fun for awhile, but I just didn't ride it enough so I sold it.
          I've never heard of springs in place of bushings. I'm so anti speed wobbles. Don't think I could deal with springs.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by RhodeStiva View Post

I got a rack for of boards and get on them once a month probably.
            They are about 10 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
            :lol:
            Get out there!

Comment

Here's a cool video that shows you a bit more detail about the spring loaded trucks.

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

In 75 my Bro bought me this exact board G & S Fiberflex
                Since he was an artist he custom painted the bottom with my name,all my riding friends were so Jelly. My summers consisted of a few things-the latest editions of "High Times", "Skate Boarder" and smooth concrete. One of our fav haunts was a 4 level parking garage that was as smooth as glass. If you are a Skater from the 70's, this movie is a MUST SEE .
                Everything we did in the Midwest was dictated by these guys,it was all about freestyle!!! I rode with a girl once in a while that could ride on her hands down hill for as long as she wanted. I could do most of the cool stuff but never mastered those front toe wheelies.
                Last edited by nitrofarm; 07-25-2013, 11:38 AM.
                Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

That movies is great. I've watched it before!
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts

Comment

There is a decently sized skateboard company here in Rialto, CA, right across the street from the police station go figure. I am scared to go in there because ill buy something. Lot of guys with old caddies and longboards.

Its cool and unfortunate that the 80s hyper neon colors are making a comeback. The division of real retro is blurred. I want to see someone go for gold with the clothing too, like vision street wear. I remember I used to do extra chores to dress in that junk over whatever mommy was trying to buy.
                    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
                    X