CARPUTER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Carputer!

I got streets & maps installed on last night and went for a drive. It's pretty sweet. I had to fiddle a little to get it to recognize my gps receiver, but other than than, it was pretty easy. I need to edit my xorg.conf file as the default for Ubuntu overdrives the lilliput screen. I hadn't thought of that when I assembled it on my bench... So no meesing around with Linux gps & open map yet.

Still need a pci card riser & the pcmcia to pci adapter for internet. Otherwise, I'm pleasantly surprised at the ease of installation so far.
    Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

My main concern would be crashing. Turn off the %$#@*&%! gadgets and drive! :-)

Comment

Hasn't crashed so far

Comment

^^Don't think he's talking about the computer. :wink:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Neither has happenned. I'm good about concentrating on the road.

Comment

before you know, it you will be driving and posting on here lol. now thats multi tasking lol

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

hopefully you can figure out a way for the computer to drive the car for you but I am sure thats already in the works lol, keep up the good work dude, super clean install.

Comment

Working...
                X