Bp swap road race festiva build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work! I'm enjoying this build.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Thank you. First event will be end of may at blackhawk farm hopefully i will have some fun with it.

Comment

Finally got a chance to go on track. Didnt get a chance to put the gopro or take pics. First time out so i got caught up on the moment. But the festiva did pretty good. Now time for more seat time.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Finally got a chance to go on track. Didnt get a chance to put the gopro or take pics. First time out so i got caught up on the moment. But the festiva did pretty good. Now time for more seat time.

Comment

Comment

Any updates?
              '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
              '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
              '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Any updates?
                '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
                '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
                '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
                  Any updates?
                  as far as update i made it to blackhawk racetrack for memorial weekend event. Festiva did real good.

Comment

Update on the road race festiva build. Midwestern council had a 4th of july weekend event. Decided to attent since last event went well. Festiva did good on the 1st practice sections. But ran into problems on the 2nd practice runs. The spec stage 2 clutch started to slip once it got hot. I guess time to upgrade. Might go with the kia f series trans.
                    This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Idk why pictures look so horrible but here are some links to the pics

Last edited by chiquito1228; 07-05-2022, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Well i dont like having my cars down. So sourcing parts asap. Hopefully will have it running in the next couple of weeks. Kia rio trans already pickup. Stage 4 clutch master kit on its way. And rockauto order just has been placed for flywheel, axles and starter
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by chiquito1228; 07-06-2022, 09:49 PM.

Comment

All the parts for the Kia 5 speed swap are finally here
                          Attached Files

Comment

New cams are in
                            Attached Files

Comment

quick video of the festiva idling with the tomei cams

Comment

Wideband its in. Time to make a new intake to get rid of the vaf sensor
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X