No announcement yet.

Bp swap road race festiva build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order a couple sets of pie cuts to do the intake juat waiting for the bung for the iat sensor
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting your progress. I'm impressed with your energy and from what I have seen in your pictures the quality of your work. Never been to Blackhawk but the photos bring back memories of my rides to Elkhart Lake, Road America. BTW the flicker pictures are excellent. The clarity even when blown up is excellent. Nice to see the diverse selection of racers present at those events. Looking at your first link, picture #5 car #70 I see an AMC Spirit. That's a car that you don't see much nowadays, actually it's one of those that I forgot even existed. The one that has got me stumped is picture #29, the red #70. Is it an Opal? Good to see you are doing well and thanks for keeping this forum alive.
      '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
      '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
      '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Thank you Rick. Yes the club that runs the hpde/hsax usually has a good turn around and it is nice to see different vehicles more of the unsual stuff. Well, since i needed more pie cuts and didnt want to wait to place an order decided to make some my self with the help of some friends and they came out better than the ones i ordered. Hopefully intake with a velocity stack will be done before the weekend
        Attached Files

Comment

Intake almost done. Waiting for the velocity stack and filter. Megasquirt is going in. I just need to rewire the fuel pump relay to run with the megasquirt
          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Festiva body and strong engine. I kinda missed my DOHC 16v 1.3L engine that would screaming 7k between to 7.5k RPM and smoking up the stock size R12 wheels so quick.. Unfortunate it never pass smog test in California and I sold the rare engine DOHC 16v 1.3L to someone in the East of USA. And that was about 10 years ago.
            Last edited by Festiva GTX; 08-19-2022, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva GTX View Post
              Very nice Festiva body and strong engine. I kinda missed my DOHC 16v 1.3L engine that would screaming 7k between to 7.5k RPM and smoking up the stock size R12 wheels so quick.. Unfortunate it never pass smog test in California and I sold the rare engine DOHC 16v 1.3L to someone in the East of USA. And that was about 10 years ago.
              Thank you

Comment

Finally intake is all done all the bungs welded. Time to start tuning the megasquirt
                Attached Files

Comment

Looking good! You still use stock Festiva's radiator and does not overheat if hard racing?

Comment

No overheating at all. Am using an automatic radiator. Its thicker than the manual one. And the front air dam is moving all air towards the radiator
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good to know and If I have many cars Ford Festiva in my yard id try swap BPT or B6T just for fun. Even Diesel Ford Festiva.

Comment

Had to rewired the vics selonoid within the megasquirt. Will be using the boost output since i dont plan to turbo this festiva.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well got all the inputs/outputs sorted out. Lock in base timing Put a base map to get it to idle and drive on it own. And i was able to drop it off at rada race lab for a tune
                          Attached Files

Comment

Tuning all done.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by chiquito1228; 09-16-2022, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Comment

Bunch of work got done to the festiva after the tune. And before attending the last event of the yeae at blackhawk. Move the engine forward about 2 inches, added a resonator to get rid off the high pitched, replaced lifters after 2 attempts to clean the old ones with lil effect, also made a fan shroud with a 10" spal fan.
                                This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X