not festiva but new project wife and i are doing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not festiva but new project wife and i are doing

working on a twin turbo 460 bbf with a set of t4's right now no turbos yet, i have the turbos but waiting on some headers and some internals. for now just a few pics of the car and the motor in place. also a pic or 2 of the old 4cyl in the car. also i painted the engine bay the same color as i will be painting my car. its called Dark Night Metalic. looks good. after we are finished we are looking for about 1200 hp so wish us luck.

heres a friend of mine...... just had to snap take the pic for black mail .

1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

1993 BBF 466cid mustang notch 7.7 ltre
    festiva turbo b18 project
    2001 BMW 325i
    1996 ford F-150 sold

when i scrape some money up in a pile im going to build a turbo 3rd gen camaro, im hopfuly going to push 700 to 800 hp, it is also going to be run on ethanol that 460 is going to crazy fast, keep us updated

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Nice Mustang! I have a 93 LX Hatchback 2.3l
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Sweet.....460CID....There's alot of blowers on the market....would be my choice.
        Anyway....if you unleash the potential of that engine....your going to rip that chassis apart....have fun....realy nice picts.
        Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
        The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

very nice mustang and very very clean!!! good luck with the project

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

thanks, we are looking forward to getting it done over the next yr. like i said we are shooting for 12 psi and 1100-1200 hp. already have the t4 turbos for the project. talked to a guy out at probe pistons and they are going to custom make me set of 7.9 to 1 pistons @ 120 each. not to bad. we have alot of suspention work to do to get this thing to hook when its done. should be alot of fun. ill keep you all posted. maybe in the next week il have some more pics to post. right now im just getting over ACL surgery i had last monday, so im out for a week or two since i cant really walk. ill look aound the computer and see if i can find a few other pics i can show in the mean time.
            1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

2001 BMW 325i
            1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

That car will be sick!!! I have a 93 Cobra with twiin turbos and it makes good power! i can only imagine a 460! Can I have a ride when its done?
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

sure you can your not that far from me. and i was going to twin a 302 would be easier and cheaper.. but hey whats the fun in that.

2001 BMW 325i
                1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

And theres nothing quite like massive cubic inches under the hood of a car.
                  Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                  - Unknown
                  I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                  - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                  - Bumper Sticker

Comment

a friend of mine just got done building a mustang, he started with a 351, bored it out to i think 406, built the whole engine and figures it has around 600 horsepower on just straight motor, i'll try and get a picture of it

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
                      And theres nothing quite like massive cubic inches under the hood of a car.
                      There's no replacement for displacement. Man, that's a nice ride in progress.
                      Remember "I" before "E", except as in Budweiser.

Comment

thanks alot guys. but i still dont think it wil have the shock facter like my festiva did.. theres lots of fast mustangs not many 12 sec festiva's ... but we are planning mid 8s to low 9s maybe faster maybe slower...lol traction will be the deciding facter of that.

2001 BMW 325i
                        1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

Standard or automatic? (Either way, that thing is going to be BAD!)
                          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

i need to find another notch to replace my current heap of one.

looking good, keep it up.
                            91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
                            00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
                            88 gtx
                            74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

well ill be going c6 trans auto for consistant times. and anotther reason for auto i can haveone built for around 2200-2400 to hold over 1200 hp. i looked and just for a clutch to hold that much power was over 1000.00 then you gotta look at a pressure plate. and then the build of the trans gears to hold the power.. looking at over 4k for a trans. from what some shops around here have told me.

i have a doc appointment in the morn. to remove the staples from my knee, so hopefully by next weekend ill be able to start on my car again . thinking of going ahead and getting the stock 365hp/480tq motor running and ready while i wait and find the parts i need to finish the car. plus i want to see what a stock motor / stock suspention will do before the motor is built. kinda want a baseline of before and afters. and thanks for the support guys. happy to have it.

oh and btw the guy i built my old festiva with and i are already looking for another festiva shell. we are thinking of building another with a bpt. but with alot slower build time. dont wanna rush this one. i think once we had all the parts for my last one we had it done in a month if that. had a few bugs but eventually worked out. miss that little guy. but if we decide to build another it will be out side project. well i think ima hit the sack talk to you guys later.

2001 BMW 325i
                              1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

Working...
                              X