No announcement yet.

Gettin' close to done on the old '92

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You can then prime it out to make it smooth and straight, just be sure to use the plastics adhesion spray that you used for the repair material."

So, at this point, you are saying, use the plastics adhesion spray that was used prior, BEFORE priming the whole bumper, yes?
    ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
    #2 .....Cheesehead
    #3 '91 White - Donor Car
    #4 .....Montana Project
    SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
    Bought her back for $450
    Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

:protest: More Pics :protest: More Pics :protest:

Great looking car, keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Do you have any pictures of when you first got it?
      Steve GT

Comment

Originally posted by tulsacarman View Post
        There's an LKQ pull-a part down here on the north side of town. There's on L car that's had all the quickie easies pulled. It's a 5-speed car. I've not been out there in a week so there's no telling what's left now.

Mingo salvage had a couple out there when I last visited (in Sept) There were still a few pieces left on them as well.

Joplin's doable. Hour and a half and I've got in-laws in Branson. Maybe we should talk about trying to get all the ArkMoKanOks together some time. Everyone in S.E. Kansas, N.E. Okla, S.W. Mo and N.W. Ark could meet at Joplin since it's right there at the 4 corners.
        A nice thought, I just about coming over to tulsa for a part scavaging day.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

What color is that brown/copper on the front half of the car?

Comment

The spray can plastics adhesion promoter is used before applying any material to bare plastic or rubber. It's job is to make the surface material allow the patch or primer or paint to "bite" into the plastic. Some plastics are notorious for not accepting material applied without the proper preparation. If you don't follow the right procedures you might have all your lovely work come off in sheets at the first pressure wash.

I didn't check my bumper to see which plastic it's made of before doing my work and that's why I took all the extra measures to make sure. All Factory Ford Festiva bumpers are likely made of the same plastic material but if one or more of your bumper covers have been replaced by an aftermarket or other non-OEM application then my telling you the steps needed for the Festy might be leading you down the wrong path for your particular cover.

When unsure.... plastics adhesion promoter. It can't hurt anyway.
            1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
            1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
            1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
            FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

Comment

I really like the paint job. What is the color on the front part of the car? Keep up the great work and keep those photos coming.
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I have a paint chip book for 2000-3003 Imports from PPG and tried to find colors that would work well together. I wanted to use the two main colors for sure and the others just had to work for them and not against them.

The front color is an 03 Hyundai color, beige pearl, #KO 200219....The rear color is from an 03 Honda, deep dark blue pearl #B510P-T. This one's a tri-coat color so it has a base and a mid coat..... The copper color is from an 03 Hyundai as well, #OO 201213.... The silver is 03 Honda, Sorry don't have the code on that one.... and the window surround area (or blackout area) as well as the dark portions of the alloys is a charcoal pearl I had on the shelf.

Comment

Plastic repair

Here's a pic of the plastic repair kit....

Comment

More pics

A couple more shots. Colors wrap round the back of the car on the spoiler and the charcoal accent at the rear quarter glass.

Comment

Bonus, I always wanted to do that to mine, excellent job on the scoop!

Comment

Nice car tulsacarman !!!

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Working...
                        X