Japanese Carb B6 Swap finally finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Carb B6 Swap finally finished

I finally took some pictures of my SCCA project car. My Jap B6 swap is finished now just in time to be stored for another year. Full suspension setup will be fitted in February before race season starts. I'll be taking her to the drag strip this month and see how she does before I mothball her for the winter. Don't know how much power she is putting down, but torque is incredible. Great thrust. I can leave a stoplight in 3rd gear without stalling.

The Car:
    1989 Ford Festiva L (Front grill and rear lights from 91)
    4 Speed manual
    Carburetor

The Engine
    Japanese B6 Carb'd motor
    Now running with rebuilt Chevy Vega Carb (Holley 5200 Clone 270CFM)
    2 Piece custom carb mount
    Ported Intake
    Genie Header
    Accell Super Stock Coil
    No vacuum hoses save the power brake line

Other Mods:
    Gutted interior
    Battery Relocation
    Racing Seat
    Custom 2.5in header back exhaust
    Auxiliary mechanical Gages (Tach, Oil Pressure, Voltmeter, Water Temperature)
    Short Shifter
    Strut Bar
    Brembo Slotted Rotors

Still to come:
    Struts
    Springs
    Install of 1979 RX7 Steering Wheel
    Find a new hood to get rid of the cancer infested one I have

Let me know what you guys think!
    www.4carguys.com
    1989 SCCA Ford Festiva - SOLD
    2009 Ford Fusion Sport

Awesome!! I like the mod's I have similar mod's to my Festy and I love the improvement they have made.. I run in Street Modified with the New Jersey South Region and I do really well! Festiva's can be potent AutoX cars :lol: Although after seeing yours w/o the interior is really making me rethink keeping mine... I ran a 16.1 in the qtr with mine this past year and I would assume that yours would be just as quick!! Let us know how it goes! Once again, awesome car man keep us posted! -Kyle
    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Thanks!

Can you run SM with a swapped engine. The way I read the rules it puts you in D Mod. I wonder if I would weigh enough for SM... That is something to think about...

I think I'm going to dyno my car in a week or 2. I have a place about 2 minutes from my house that has one. It may be too tempting
      www.4carguys.com
      1989 SCCA Ford Festiva - SOLD
      2009 Ford Fusion Sport

Comment

Since my region is not anal about rules it's not a problem but after re-reading it, then all Honda Civic's with 1.8L Teg engines would have to be moved as well... And interior wise, you are only allowed to take out the back seat and seatbelts. You can take out the radio but you must put some cover over it... So interior wise your car would be out. But if anyone complains in SM about a FESTIVA, they have some self reflection to do as to why they were losing to us in the first place!! :lol: But like I said I may just say phuck it and take it all out as well and replace the windows with lexan.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :twisted: D Mod might be where I end up too. Ohh and about weight, mine weighs ~1800lbs but I also have my interior and the Aspire swap which probably adds about ~50lbs maybe as much as 100. -Kyle
        Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Working...
        X