Over due pics of new Bp swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over due pics of new Bp swap

Hey, here are some pictures of the BP swap done into the 1989 Festiva, keeping the auto tranny.
    Here are some direct before and afters:

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
    -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Here are pictures of the interior (I changed the interior and exterior wiring harness to a 1993 Festiva.

Here is a picture of the engine coming out!!!!

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month

Comment

Here is a picture of the empty engine bay:

Comment

Here is a picture of the freshly rebuilt engine!

And a picture of the tranny paired with the engine

Comment

Here are some final fitment pictures

Comment

Here are some final pictures of the exhaust system. 2 1/4" exhaust was put in all the way through with a high flow cat and muffler by magnaflow. All the work was done by a proffesional shop.

Got to love stock 12" wheels! (I am going to do the aspire swap and get some real wheels soon!)

Comment

looks good i like the valve cover! did you do any work to the trans well it was out? did you reuse the b3 torque converter?

Comment

I did not touch the tranny. I did use the b3 torque converter though. It seems to work well. Only problem I have with it is that there are only 3 gears!

Thanks for the comment of the valve cover. It goes from an almost black and fades into a red.

Comment

Looks good, looks like the engine bay cleaned up nice.
                  '90 LX

Comment

Thanks I didn't end up cleaning the engine bay until I got the engine going (which was a mistake)

Comment

sure looks like a lot of work went into that swap :lol: looks good though!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

How does the BP get along with the auto trans?
                        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

sure looks like a lot of work went into that swap looks good though!!
                          Ya it was alot of work, took about 1.5 weeks, so not too bad for my first swap.
                          How does the BP get along with the auto trans?
                          Funny you should ask. The auto tranny works great for the engine, except it only has 3 gears. Having a 4th would make it go alot nicer on the freeway for cruising. Overall though no change in the tranny performance over what it used to be.

Comment

if i where you i would get a trans temp gauge on it...

ooo and a turbo

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

It doesn't look like you had to "clearnace" the firewall. Is that an illusion, or is it just a tight fit? Looks nice either way. Nice job.
                              The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
                              89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Working...
                              X