New Fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fenders

The Jeep got a new set of fenders... They're from MetalCloak (made in the USA!) and really open up the wheel opening. They have stock TJ's running their fenders with 35" tires, NO LIFT....

I'm thinking of removing the small shackle lift that I have and replacing them with boomerang shackles instead... And then probably swapping up to 35's once I wear through the 33's that I just put on.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

looks sweet

'89 Ford Festiva LX :fred:
    '12 Ford Focus

Comment

that looks great

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

You wont get any mud balled up under those.
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

ya, it looks awesome! It almost makes the tire width legal!!

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
          -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Thats a tough looking Jeep. Alot of guys around here just cut the fenders and leave them bare, but I think the fender flares really make it look clean.
            '90 LX

Comment

Nice!
              -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
              -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
              -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Those are some nice looking fenders. I've Been thinking about making some fenders similar to those out of some junk fenders for my 67 CJ5.
                1960 willys pickup
                1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
                1989 festiva
                1990 festiva for parts
                1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
                  Thats a tough looking Jeep. Alot of guys around here just cut the fenders and leave them bare, but I think the fender flares really make it look clean.
                  its a jeep its not supposed to be clean in any way shape or form!! lol jk jk looks nice btw

Comment

looks nice, how hard was the install? whats a clean jeep? i took mine to a wedding just after i went off roading.
                    1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
                    1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
                    1983 Chevy Elcamino
                    1993 Ford Festiva GL
                    2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
                    some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

Originally posted by marinepolice03 View Post
                      whats a clean jeep?
                      Not Clean, like not dirty. Clean like a clean install.
                      '90 LX

Comment

looks like they'll still pass Safety Inspection too! sweet.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Looks nice! Now for some bigger tires!!
                          Brian
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                          :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by marinepolice03 View Post
                            looks nice, how hard was the install? whats a clean jeep? i took mine to a wedding just after i went off roading.
                            Install was a 3~ day process.... The first day was spent spraying them with paint and getting the fronts mounted. Pulling off the stockers and then trimming my rocker guards added to the process a bit. The fronts installed fine though. Inner fenders went in first and then held up the replacement outersand bolted right on. Fitment was nearly perfect! I only ended up losing 1 bolt that was needed and that broke off from rust. It holds the bottom of the inner fender to the firewall, so I replaced it with a self tapping screw, the sides are held in down the fender anyways, so it's not going anywhere!

The rears took a bit longer I felt... Not because they were harder, but because it was just more involved. I had to actually pull the rocker guards off of the Jeep so that I could trim them down. I also took the time to strip them down a little bit and respray some paint on them. Then, each side was nearly 40 lbs of weight, awkward size, etc... So I had to grab help from my mom until I get them clamped on and started drilling holes. I started with the passenger side and it took nearly 4 hours to do just that side. The drivers side went a lot quicker since I knew exactly what I was doing, what size holes needed drilled, etc. I think I had that started and finished in just under 90 minutes and that was getting the flare mounted up too.

Overall - These fenders were GREAT. A full replacement fender. I didn't have to cut my stock inner fender well, weld anything, etc... Now, they were pricey... But I think well worth the cost. Front fenders, rear corner guards and 6" flares front and rear were $1440 shipped... Although shipping was $230 of that....

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                            looks like they'll still pass Safety Inspection too! sweet.
                            Exactly... I ordered them with the 6" flares so that it would be able to pass inspection without any issues. I'm not 100% sure how they measure "coverage", since the flares slant at the front and rear, there isn't exactly "coverage" there... However - The tops of the flares DO cover all the tread... So, I should be fine there.

Not really worried about it. My uncle inspects my vehicles and is pretty lenient with that... And if I take it to the other place in town, he's a Jeeper and would understand...

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
                            Looks nice! Now for some bigger tires!!
                            No doubt Brian... I just bought these 33's... So, I'm going to keep them until I wear them out. I think I'm going to remove the 1" shackle lift off of it. That'll drop me a little bit and make it not quite so tall. Once I do wear through them though, I'm going to replace them, I'll be doing it with 35's though.
                            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Been a while since anyone posted here but, where do you take that monster? My friend has a jeep and is looking for some good places to four wheel at. Thanks~
                              Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

Working...
                              X