• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to see photo's!!!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

That's a beautiful color. I think that some of the interior trim painted the same way would add to the sexy factor. Man, I need to get mine repainted!!!
      OH! The orange color might show up on a NC Festiva relatively soon (teaser!)
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I do kind of miss the orange, but I am loving the car in this color.

Comment

the black looks sharp - makes it look meaner
          I think the black is good for it though - kinda transitions it from the pimptiva era into the Gforce era lol you might keep a little memory of the pimptiva orange alive with some well placed pinstripes - not enough to detur from the black but just enough to make it pop

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
          92 GL - parts car
          97 aspire - parts car
          87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
          http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
          Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_tunner View Post
            the black looks sharp - makes it look meaner
            I think the black is good for it though - kinda transitions it from the pimptiva era into the Gforce era lol you might keep a little memory of the pimptiva orange alive with some well placed pinstripes - not enough to detur from the black but just enough to make it pop
            OH GOD YES! But like this though!
            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Damn i was gonna paint mine to match my DSG Harley Truck nice to know what it's gonna look like it looks awesome!!
              -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

I agree the car looks just great! I can't wait to see it all cleaned up and reassembled. That was an excellent color choice too!
                91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Well the pictures hide some flaws that are still there. The shaved hatch didn't come out great and after Carlisle I will be stripping the paint off and welding some new metal in, other than that is came out pretty good. A couple spots I am not totally happy with, but for the price I paid I am happy. It also looks 100% better than the cobb job I did.

The color almost looks like it has a slight green/grey tint to it in the sunlight, so I don't think orange pin strips would work out. There is one spot of orange in the shaved gas cap area though :-) I will post some pictures up over the next couple days as I throw it back together. Maybe a mod should move this into the Garage section?

Also I want this car too look more sleeper (one reason for painting it). Once the boost is turned up I really want it to take the non-festiva enthusiasts by surprise.
                  Last edited by Gforcefd; 04-28-2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Here is the car coming together nicely. Taking a bit longer then I wanted, going to have to trailer the car down due to some megasquirt issues and leaky injectors.

Comment

looks great

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Thats a bad ass festy!!!!!

Comment

It is getting there, I have wanted to sell it off and on for a year and a half, but now I want to drive it again seeing it like that :-)

Comment

My favorite color and now probably my favorite festy! Good work!
                            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Reminds me of the gunmetal grey on J. Bond's Aston Martin in Goldfinger. I've always loved that color.
                              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                              X