Summer Photo Thread ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Photo Thread ??

I was trying to photo a neon green dragonfly today when I spotted this one ( not the green one I was after ) on the EGT antenna. I spooked it several times but it kept coming back to the same spot until I got this shot. Thought Id start another photo thread. This small pic doesnt do the shot justice. I made a screen saver of it and you can see all the detail like the barbs on the legs.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

That pic makes me smile! AWESOME!
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Thanks Paul, thats a real compliment coming from the master critter picture getter. ;^). Dragonflys seem to get real nervous when you move in for the close up.
      sigpic

Comment

They are so on the top of of my list of favorite bugs to shoot! Their eyes!! MAN!
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

If I go outside with the camera it'll probably melt. I would love to have a bearable summer like you guys.
          Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
          1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
          2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
          2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Got this shot by accident. Clicked the shutter just as it flew off and didnt think I even got anything. It happened in an instance. Might be the first flap of the wings ?

Chrisofna: The summers are hot and humid here too, believe me !! We get it winter and summer.

sigpic

Comment

Man! You scored again!
              It's been brutal here lately almost 100 and VERY humid.

Comment

Comment

These are just cell phone pics of a big dead dragonfly from work.

Comment

Ha, I knew it, Excellent ! That first pic looks like a powder post beetle. I saw a huge swallow tail today but it was camera shy, just wouldnt stop but for a few seconds. No idea on the orange and black insect on your hand. Got this tree frog trying to escape notice today too.

sigpic

Comment

MAN!! That frog is the best!!! Sneaky! :lol:

Comment

Comment

Comment

cute little bug there buddy!
                            You should watch those kind of pics though. Before you know it she will be grown up and riding away with her boyfriend....you crying in the door NOOOOOOOO!!! lol

I thought you were selling that bike? Plus you mentioned the other pics were from WORK???
                            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            There ain't no rest for the wicked
                            until we close our eyes for good.
                            I will sleep when I die!
                            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

ahh yeahh
                              91' Festiva GL <AKA> "Little Boy Blue"
                              --------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X