Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clean 115000k festy.. should i buy it :S?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean 115000k festy.. should i buy it :S?

hey all

so i stored my boosted festy for the winter and ive been missing it every since, i dont really want to winter drive it because its a bit to silly and uncomfortable for winter.. to much power and coilovers+super low ride height wont work here in alberta

however i found this sweet festy, owned by an old couple its whole life and towed behind a motorhome, it only has 115000 kms which the previous owner said probably only 50,000 of those km's were driven

he wants 900$ for the car but im kinda sitting at 700$ what do u guys think?

dent on drivers door

cracked bumper.

oh and btw its a GL Sport with a spoiler and the cool red stitching on the interior... interior is absolutely immaculate!!!!

IMO worth $900 if there are no mechanical issues.

Comment

Buy it!!!!
      1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
      1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
      1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
      1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
      1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
      1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
      1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

A canadian festy under 1K$ , and looks that good?

Why are you still here?

Comment

:drool: I would snag that up at $900! Doesn't hurt to offer but that's a very nice festy for the price.

With white alloys... red stripe interior... spoiler... only 30K miles driven?

Rubber wheel that decal and you're set!
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

I'm thinking you hold at $700 and give me that address and phone number!
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Buy it and keep it the way it is! That stripe will help keep you out of the snow banks from the trucks! I'd fix the body work and leave it be. Awesome find.
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

its a good deal, but considering i paid 300 for my teal one, but it was an auto, and needed a new engine/trans/suspension etc

not really to concerned mechanically its a festiva just body wise :S

but i dont think there are any cleaner festys out there for sale.

Comment

If there are no bondo/repaint/rust issues, front end and brakes are tight, motor is clean I would have no problem with forking over $900 just to have a perfect body. You didn't say whether it was a 90-93 EFI or a manual transmission. Personally I have no use for autos and changing them over is a lot of work. White cars are the ultimate for high-lighting rust issues.
                  On the other hand if you can score this thing for $700 the savings will leave you $200 to find a dead or dying Aspire to bolt underneath. Or maybe a B8 engine.

Comment

part of me wants to do a non-hacked b3T !

Comment

Tell him parts were discontinued in 2003. Offer him $730. Then negotiate. Don't be afraid to pretend and walk away. Only settle for $785.

Comment

one of the members on this forum bought one allmost the same as that... only auto... low km's, gl sport, crazy good condition, no rust, the list goes on... 2500 bucks.... BUY IT NOW!!!!!

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

argh off to kijiji to sell some useless junk and buy it i geuss! ...... 4 festivas now.... sheeesh.

Maybe if i sell one of my festiva race cars? i wonder if anyone in edmonton/alberta is interested in something like that. probably no one.

Autocross Queen with b6 Engine swap, light weight flywheel etc no cage and 0 rust
                          needs coilovers and tires.

Road racing/ice racing car..
                          caged, 0 rust, 323 brakes upfront, needs engine seat, wheels+tires

Comment

Go for it! If you don't let me know and I will buy it!
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada
                            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                              Go for it! If you don't let me know and I will buy it!
                              Will do!

I cant let you get this one before me, you already made a deal on those teins i was after!!! gahh!

Comment

Working...
                              X