Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOUBLE WOW.

In fact, WOWSA!!

More torque and more MPGs, at your servicel!

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Mike wrote:

"i may start a small build thread but i dont know how many people want to see a sidekick build on a festiva forum lol..."

YOU HAVE TO DO A BUILD THREAD NOW!

I'm also thinking of any way to convince "Acme" company to build some diesel conversion parts for hmmm, I wonder what car & engine series I'm thinking of...hmmm...

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

wait wait wait... what about fuel pump, fuel tank, lines, what about wiring in the glow plugs etc?

How can a swap like that be so simple!

Comment

a buddy of mine did that swap a while ago. found out after he was done that the block had a crack internally somewhere so it was junk. he did a little research and ended up modifying his deisel adapter plate and dropped in an audi tt roadster motor. added a small turbo and some other mods. he says its a blast and gets decent mileage too.
          Rod

"Confidence is the most important thing you can teach someone... if you can teach them confidence, you don't have to teach them anything else."

1992 truckiva
          1989 festiva lx (mine again)
          1980 triumph tr7 convertible (project)
          1976 tr7 hardtop (parts car)
          1989 dodge caravan turbo
          1975 amc gremlin 4x4 (play toy)

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
            wait wait wait... what about fuel pump, fuel tank, lines, what about wiring in the glow plugs etc?

How can a swap like that be so simple!
            i dont know whats gonna happen with the fuel pump... i think you leave it in the tank and hook the feed to the injection pump, i dont know if i do anything with the return yet... im still learning about this swap...

the glow plugs im gonna wire up on a big relay i got, and im gonna have a push button inside the cab to turn them on when i want and for how long i want

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

U could take the return line in the tank and make it your feed Linethen u can leave the pump in the tank. Don't think diesel have fuel to return.
              the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
              \/\_____________FORD
              FOREVER

Comment

Just saw this thread. That sidekick looks very clean! It will be a great project!

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Mike, glad to see you decided to go this route. I'm excited to see a build thread too.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

ya right now im searching for a good motor, i found one but its the eco diesel, AKA the diesel with no power... lol so its back to the junkyards... i may go pick up the parts for the swap soon, i may go and pick them up in person just cause i feel like it lol, so i may be taking a road trip down to portland OR soon...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Do let me know if you need help on any of the swap. You have helped me SOOOO many times, and I am more than willing to do anything that will help the world create more boost.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                      -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

hop over on bbs.zuwharrie.com they have both a sidekick and a diesel swap forum tons of infor

-W.F.
                        Automotive Misfit

Comment

well im not gonna do the diesel swap right away... to free up a bit of money, im gonna get the thing running and the sell my other one that im driving right now... so tomorrow im gonna get a new motor and throw it in quick and drive it untill i find a good VW diesel motor to throw in... and to get it ready for driving, im installing some of the stereo from my other one... (that was taken out of my festiva lol... this sub and amp has been in all my cars allmost everywhere i have gone...) so today i worked on making a new sub box for it... i didnt want it to take up any cargo space like my last one so i custom made it to fit in the foot well of the rear seat

ill make a built thread when i start doing some "real" work on it but thought you guys might want to see the stelth sub box i made lol...

more to come... stay tuned...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

nice space saver!
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                            X