Skeeter Updates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nate, you keep me inspired...

Maybe mine will have a chance at looking good.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

yep, put quite a few miles on skeeter yeasterday going to matts house, its loaded down w/ aspire parts, and the new paint is on it... i'll ahve pix up when i get home (some time later this week) for right now i'm in Erie PA hanging out w/ a friend of mine for a few days.

i got a ride in matts BPT car, WOW!!! that was soo awsome verry cool...

well, i'll b back on later...
      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

You're a real go getter Nate!

Keep us updated on Skeeter's progress.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Well, after a fun week hanging out with my friend in Erie I drove home friday, got home around 11:40pm. I don't have any pix online yet but i will try to get them up tonight.
          Total for the trip: 1285mi, avrg speed of 70mph on the way up and 45mpg. not too bad considering this car would much rather cruise at 55!

Since i got home on fri i have pulled apart the brakes some, they look to be in pretty decent shape! need new shoes in the rear but i'm planing on re-using the rotors/drums. not sure about pads yet, i'll prolly replace them. going to sandblast/ paint everything. i wanted to get it done this week, but i have a $500 scholorship for flight time i have to use in PA by the middle of next month and just last night i got news from my instructor that i can come up this week, so it looks like tomorow AM i'll be starting out on another road trip to PA! this time to the eastern side though. guess my brakes will wait till i get back.

pix comming up soon!
          ~Nate

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

im in PA, been spending the week flying/ hanging out up here. the flooding looks cool from a plane, but i feel bad for all the people whose houses are like half flooded.
            so here are some pix of skeeter stripped and ready for paint:

Two coats of blue paint later:

I don't have any pix of skeeter fineshed online yet, but soon!
            l8r guys,
            ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

And finished (exept for buffing/wax/etc):

well, i like
              ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Looks good, how smooth does it look before waxing? You did he Rustoleum right?
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

Yep, $50 rustoleum w/ the foam rollers. looks perty smooth even w/o wetsanding/bufing/wax (which is how it stands now). good enough i'm almost tempted not to bother... lol. everything you see in those pix has not been thouched since i rollered it on. i did wetsand after the 3rd coat, but not much and mostly just to try to fix up a few spots. then i put on the 4th coat and havn't done a thing to it since.

i really recomend this paint if ya'll need new paint, it was easy (hardest part as with any paint is prepping it) and looks decent. i havn't had any problems with it chipping/comming off. i put one thin layer of black on the bumpers, all i did was wipe them down w/ mineral spirits, and their even holding up well. i did one thin layer reasoning taht the thinner the layer the easier it will flex, and i bent the bumpers around a bunch re-installing them and it held up well.
                  ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

looks great! keep us posted
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

That's really great! Gives me hope for my own cheapie paint job.

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Looking very good Nate. :wav:

You have got to be about the hardest working person on here when it comes to their Festy.

Kinda shaming me into getting off my A$$ and working on the Batstiva.

Need her up and running soon.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I'm too lazy to get out there and label my wire connections so I can pull the motor.

Good looking car Nate, You did a great job.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Damn. VERY nice job on the paint, it looks great. It's so cool watching people do all this work that I'm too lazy to do. Keep it up.
                            OX SMASH!!

Comment

home sweet home! i had a great week of flying and hanging out with my friend and his family in eastern PA, but it is good to be home again too... put 872mi on skeeter this trip, 46mpg.

Heres the last lil bit of update from the previous week though:
                              while in Erie, i ended up going to the local autozone a few times with one of my friends because we were trying to get his '65 mustang running (for the first time in 5 years!, and yes we succeded) on our first trip there i was wondering around the store looking at stuff while he got what he needed, and came accross the clearence rack.. i have often looked at pedal covers, b/c i thought they would look good, but wouldn't spend the $20-$40 for them. but here right infront of me were covers! i looked through the stack, all of them for auto cars and either red or green, till the last set was for a manual car and they were blue!! and they even light up! so, i bought them for $3.50 .. it was worth it!!
                              the package. i took one of them out and turned it upside-down so you can see the clips that hold them on, they are on real tight no loosening up yet. ..

and on my drive home i took a pic of them lit up (my foot is on the gass pedal):

As i left my buddies house down there i took a shot of the back of skeeter, full of aspire parts and other stuff:

and home! Heres my loot:

Thats all for now folks, this week i'll be working on getting the aspire brakes ready to go on the car.

sorry some of the pix in the previous posts are so large, i'll be working on that. wish this site would accept HTML.. also i will be putting together a how-to on the $50 paint job, addapted specifically for festivas...
                              later, and thanks for the good comments!!
                              ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X