No announcement yet.

It finally happened...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I got a screw in one of the rear tires and figured its time for some new tires. I was going for more of a truck tire look but ended up right where I didn't want to be, with a donut look on the rim, its too rounded for my taste. Some say they like it others don't, I'm not really sure yet. Only did the two rear tires for now.
    Attached Files
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Those look so miserable to seat... ... My standard 175/75s I had to use ether on one a-hole tire to get it to take bead.... It was like it sat forever at the tire shop with something on it, both beads were sucked together. So I knew it was going to be miserable once I got it mounted. It was.

Ether saved the day.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
      Last edited by jason_; 08-15-2013, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• Been screwing with the Festy motor compressor and finally have to break from that. It's been a long time comming but I'm finally getting started on the bumper hitch! I'm not going to do it all fancy like I did with the aspire and dump 30 lbs of steel and 3 rolls of fluxcore wire in it.. that's way too expensive, I think ill be alright with this.. i'll stick a piece of steel on the backside, stick an old head bolt in the hole and weld everything up solid.
        Attached Files
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Finally finished up the receiver the other day, this time instead of welding the bumper to the body I just drilled some holes and installed a couple thick and long bolts with 3/4" heads. It'll work as good as any.

Couple pics of that..
          Attached Files
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• I've decided this car will be a dedicated Festiva Rescue Mission Vehicle, or "FRMV" for short.

The grill, roof rack, and hitch are stages of the process which I won't go into detail about, but for now I need to finalize stage 3.... I need to buy a drop hitch and fabricate a bracket to attach my tow bar to the tow hooks on a Festiva -or- aspire. I measured it up and they both are 40.5" apart, same holes, and I need to bring out the contraption a foot to clear the bumper.

Looking for ideas on how to do this, simple and effective. I don't want anything fancy, just want it to get the job done.....anybody?
            Attached Files
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
              I've decided this car will be a dedicated Festiva Rescue Mission Vehicle, or "FRMV" for short.

The grill, roof rack, and hitch are stages of the process which I won't go into detail about, but for now I need to finalize stage 3.... I need to buy a drop hitch and fabricate a bracket to attach my tow bar to the tow hooks on a Festiva -or- aspire. I measured it up and they both are 40.5" apart, same holes, and I need to bring out the contraption a foot to clear the bumper.

Looking for ideas on how to do this, simple and effective. I don't want anything fancy, just want it to get the job done.....anybody?
              Talk to Scitzz when you are here.
              1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
              1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
              Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
              website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

• Still fiddling with the linkage for the tow bar. Hopefully I'll get something worked out soon. I swapped front And reAr tires because I need to get the other two on the car, but these tires are too big, I'm wondering if anybody has put the firestone winter force tires on a festy and had Any front clearance issues? Rubbing spring perches isn't an issue it's the turning side to side that gets me. These tires look great in the wheel wells it's a shame I can't just use them, they'll be fine in the rear tho!
                Attached Files
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• Pretty sure I found out why my car is acting up, I popped the hood to check for loose wires or whatever because it just keeps getting worse, and in the dark I saw the distributor cap was bleeding spark. I don't know what it's arcing off of but there it is.. I'll swap a spare in tomorrow and see what happens.

Last edited by zoom zoom; 10-06-2013, 02:19 AM.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• Ended up changing the plugs wires cap and button, o2 sensor and something else. Got the NGk wires with matching v powers! Then at Ohiosteva fall fling '13 Arty fixed the idle by simply turning the idle screw..I had been making 1/4 turns and driving until it threw a code and set it back, he took 2 full turns before I even noticed how car he actually went. All good it idles around 7-800 now. It jumps 50-100 rpm, not really sure why.

Anyway He also did. Compression test with his brand new harbor freight tester, I don't remember exactly what we came up with but it was something to the effect of 140-165-125-125.. He verified my valves are fine and told me to do some seafoamin. So I did!

I did 2 back to back intake induction treatments, really didn't smoke very bad at all. Then used a big syringe to administer 1oz of seafoam into each cylinder for an overnight soak. Ran the car for about a weeks worth of time, still not thru a whole tank of gas yet, but I checked compression with my lisle brand gauge in the same fashion; cold, dry and the throttle held open. Results were 180-190-195-190. I dropped an ounce in each cylinder and I'll check compression again in a couple days.

Anyways, pics!

Cleaned the head while I had stuff out of the way.
                    image.jpg

New plug wires!
                    image.jpg

Random pic of a festy in a gravel/sand pit
                    image.jpg

Ohiosteva Fall Fling '13, can you spot my festy?!
                    image.jpg

My new trailer, the festy sits a couple inches too high to even hook up but I'll fix that with a drop hitch soon!
                    image.jpg

My buddies s10, I changed the clutch slave cylinder the last 2 days and todAy I got the clutch bled out.
                    image.jpg

image.jpg
                    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• Soooooo how does it feel now?
                      -Bryant

Comment

• About the same, I can't tell any real difference. The mpgs have improved for sure.
                        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• I wonder if I oughtta Seafoam mine for the heck of it.
                          -Bryant

Comment

• Well do a compression test first, maybe after a few of us do it it (i shall tomorrow results friday) may show otherwise great running cars have gunky issues
                            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Yea do a compression test then seafoam then compression!!

One thing I have noticed is the ticking noise I thought was coming from my half broken speedometer has gotten a lot worse, and it's load dependant. Foot off the gas no noise, foot on the gas and it ticks, a very loud and clear tick tick tick, and I don't think it's coming from any of the valve train components. There's a chance it could have something to do with the transmission, it has a grinding noise when I'm on the gas, it's not bad but the noise shouldn't be there lol..
                              Last edited by zoom zoom; 11-13-2013, 06:26 AM.
                              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• I bought a can of mos2...google it...bmw people put it in gheir bubblebaths...im gonna put 75% of it in sump restt in my tranny. They do also make a formula just for gears but the original stuff is cleared for this job.
                                1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X