No announcement yet.

It finally happened...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I visited with Gomez on the way home and saw his white GL project car. Nice guy indeed.

I have some pics to post, but I'm going to bed now! Maybe tomorrow.

Glad to help Matt, but then, you've helped me quite a bit.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

glad you made it home okay! I bet you have way better pics than my crappy camera phone can take haha.. about 3 hours after you left it started sprinkling so I had to put the hood on and roll it out of the garage to make room for the other toys to take shelter. I'll get back to it tomorrow, hopefully i didn't chop up that jy festy harness too bad haha..i know I cut the iac plug off >.<
      Last edited by zoom zoom; 06-09-2013, 10:20 PM.
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Thanks Matt, for all the help getting my stuff at the JY (can't do much with the gimpy shoulder). I have most of the stuff ready to go into my car. Stopped working on it at 2:45 am. Gonna drop it in some time tomorrow (today). The only thing I'm waiting on is the short shifter I ordered. I have ALL of the wiring done, everything is cleaned, All parts are ready. Hopefully I will have it running by Wed. Can't wait to get it going again. Been over a year since I last drove a Festy. Gave it to Mom (she needed a car) and she overheated it and screwed something up. Now I have it back with a new motor and now a 5 speed and I am anxious. I'll post pics as soon as I get it back together.

Karl did stop by (good to see ya again) and I swear he didn't recognize me lol. Maybe it's the 125lbs I lost since we saw each other last. He kept saying good to meet ya (I know you were in a hurry Karl. Maybe that's what it was? lol). Remember me at Ohiostiva 2009 and 2010 I think it was? Black and Silver car.

Anyway thanks again Matt for your help. Good to meet ya. Gotta meet up sometime soon and do some jy-'ing.
        -Bryant

Comment

Yea for sure! I need to find some new yards to frequent, I've about picked these ones clean of all their good stuff!
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Remember Gomez, I'm battling senility, so I'm lucky if I can recall what I need to do in the next few

Comment

haha, well it's alive! My wife stole my phone or i'd upload a vid....

I can't get a radiator hooked up using any of these stock parts!

I've still got major issues with steering, can't drive the car until I figure out exactly what that is. I'm gonna replace the driver side ball joint and see if it fixes anything it's not new but doesn't really feel bad either...steering wheel goes 90* right and I'm still going straight!

I gotta figure out something for the coolant, I've tried stock radiator, hoses barbs on the b6 are too big and I don't have hoses long enough. Tried an auto aspire radiator and the fan gets in the way of about everything because it sticks out too far. the bypass coolant hose that goes to the engine is my main concern, it's interfering with the fan. What do you guys do.. you probably swapped b3 bypass tubes huh.
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

I keep thinking about it and I'm getting somewhat upset about my suspension issue. I want to just order new MOOG ball joints, lcas, and sway bar/lca bushings...the problem is I don't know that will fix it. Somebody needs to do a complete how to write up of checking suspension issues, I've got bad ball joints and lcas to contribute to somebody willing to spend the time to do it! I'm obviously missing something.
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

I don't know about your steering issues, but your radiator issues would be solved by what I have done: B3 water pump outlet and bypass pipe and thermostat housing. Then your hose diameters should match and you'll have the appropriate thermoswitch fitting.

For the fan, try one pushing air through instead of pulling. That way it's on the other side. Just wire it up backwards.

Pics tomorrow. Maybe.

Karl

Comment

I suppose I could grab those off the junk yard b3 tomorrow. I really wanted to avoid that! Oh well..

vid is up!

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• Matt what happin to the b3 u pulled out ?
                      New build on the way .

Comment

• Sold it.. that's where the injector harness I had such a hard time with sunday went to! pulled it friday, gomez picked it up on saturday morning.
                        Last edited by zoom zoom; 06-10-2013, 08:08 PM.
                        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• I think I'm gonna order this tomorrow, and a outter tie rod end from rockauto.com, buy the steering column out of the tracer and work on swapping all my new stuff from Karl this week while I wait on the radiator to ship. The aluminum radiators are really nice I kind of want one just for the look. I should be able to get radiator hose by the foot or something and manage to make something work.

2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• ^ I got it dropping it in tomorrow.
                            -Bryant

Comment

• Nice! Let let me know how it goes!
                              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• done!!! I think I've got her ready to roll now!

It's not nearly actually done, but it's so much closer now because it will roll under it's own power!

I swapped in the OJ tach cluster I got from Karl, also installed the 323 ecu from Karl, it did plug in and I'm playin with it! After I got the engine timed in best I could, it still had....something...missing, like it wasn't getting enough fuel...so I swapped over to the 323 ecu and it pulls hard all the way through! I need a new rotor button, mine is totally shot, for some reason it has slop/play in it, i can stick it in the distributor and twist it about a mm before it catches on the shaft! I had to re-time the engine when I plugged in the 323 ecu.

Also think I found out where my steering issues were comming from. Neither of my pinch bolts are stock or even close to, they're too skinny. The passenger side lca was able to drop down about half an inch and it was catching and won't come out at all now, even with the bolt removed...so I need a new lca and knuckle, but I've got the bolt cranked down so hard now it's not giving me hardly any issues, what is there might well just be torque steer.

Pics incomming!
                                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Working...
                                X