Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't ask how my day went, dead festiva pics inside...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't ask how my day went, dead festiva pics inside...

Backfired while trying to get it to run right, must've had a fuel leak somewhere, engine fire started and tried to get it out when first started, didn't happen.. had to push it down the drive away from garage and other cars, etc.. and let it burn til the fire dept came Worst day ever I was so close to having that one on the road too. Really bummed and depressed right now, so much time and effort.. $$ there. I will probably be done with festivas for a while or ever, no point for me right now, lost so many of my good parts I had saved up for a build right there...
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Sorry for your loss a shame put that much time and money just go up like that...
    1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
    1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
    2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
    2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
    2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
    1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

Unbelievable. We will all be making sure that we have a working fire extinuisher in our garages from now on. Get rid of all the evidence. Replace the charred dirt and stones on the driveway. Get it out of your mind.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 05-13-2013, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Had one in the garage but it was useless in trying to stop it..
        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

wow man thats unbelievable!! sorry to hear about your car.
          "Its not fast, but its fast for a festiva."

Comment

this is the second burned festiva i have seen, very disturbing! RIP the festiva gods take another one from us!!

Comment

Good golly that was hot and quick. Good that you saved yourself and your buildings.
              Hope you have some pics of your build.
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

sorry !!
                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Holy!!!!! Im just glad your ok!
                  -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                  -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Very sorry about this. Best wishes. Heal. Get back into Festys when it's right.

Find some little pieces from that car that you can put into the next one; keeps its soul alive. Even just a few bolts.
                    Last edited by TominMO; 05-13-2013, 10:42 PM.
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Sorry about your loss man.
                      91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                      06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

So sorry.... I don't even know what'd I'd do..........
                        Buck.
                        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss. Take your time and find another one. You will know when the time is right.
                          I'm just glad that you were not hurt, the Festiva can be replaced.
                          Jerry
                          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Oh .... My .... Gosh!!! I am at a loss for words!

Fred ... that SUCKS! I mean, really sucks! WTH!

Man, I feel for ya. I know you put a LOT of work in that car. How could this happen?! :pale:
                            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

That's crazy, I hope you don't lose hope! Find another!

Good luck man!
                              1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                              2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

Working...
                              X