Never judge a book by the cover! [lots of B6D pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your yard man thanks me LOL :mrgreen:

See Kevin, I told you there was nothing to worry about and you won't recognize this little gem when I'm done with her Thanks again for the hookup on this :thumbup:
    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

Comment

Zanz, we will need before-and-after pics when you are all done! From muddy to installed.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Couldn't you reuse those cams? Hit the lobes with some 1200 grit sandpaper and shine them back up? Babyapires current cam was worse than the pics of those two and I haven't had any problems out of that engine yet.

That looks like a fun project, are you using the current pulleys or getting different ones? I'm wondering what you do to clean those, if anything?
        Last edited by zoom zoom; 07-29-2013, 07:40 AM.
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          Zanz, we will need before-and-after pics when you are all done! From muddy to installed.
          Will do Tom, I plan on documenting this build very well and I'll probably wait till everything is done to post up so there isn't so much time between updates.

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
          Couldn't you reuse those cams? Hit the lobes with some 1200 grit sandpaper and shine them back up? Babyapires current cam was worse than the pics of those two and I haven't had any problems out of that engine yet.

That looks like a fun project, are you using the current pulleys or getting different ones? I'm wondering what you do to clean those, if anything?
          I could and I did think about that but I have an extra set or 2 of cams and I once tried buffing the lobes of a Ford Motorsport B-303 roller cam but it still proved troublesome in the end. Personally it would be a last chance option for me, especially if there is any pitting on the lobes and this being a flat tappet motor. Not saying I wouldn't try it though if I had no other options. If it's just flash rust then there should be no issues with polishing it off and reusing

I probably won't reuse the pulleys since I have a large snout B3 crank pulley to install. But if I have to I'll run them through the blasting cabinet with some glass beads and see what I have to work with.
          Last edited by Zanzer; 07-29-2013, 07:50 AM.
          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
          X