Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A real Festiva has a hitch..

Originally posted by meyek91974 View Post
    Geeezzlooeeezzz! Why is such a little hitch so expensive??? Is this why everyone builds their own?
    Could be. Thats just the first ad i saw. Try more searching and amazon and stuff. My link was probably in canadian dollars and thats 1.5x USD. They also are just a flat bar. Many people prefer a reciever. But i have one of these and it works great. My ball is 7 inches higher than the one on my civic which has a 3 1/2in rise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanprins13; 02-24-2016, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks Ryan!

Comment

Originally posted by meyek91974 View Post
        Geeezzlooeeezzz! Why is such a little hitch so expensive??? Is this why everyone builds their own?
        Some people pay less than that for a Festy itself!
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by canada rocket View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]19282[/ATTACH]
            Got a link that works for that photo?

Comment

I am going to purchase a bicycle carrier for my 2" hitch. They have some nice wide ones that obscure most of the rear license plate. I need to do a test on the 407 electronic toll highway to see just how sensitive those Raytheon cameras really are.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 02-26-2016, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                I am going to purchase a bicycle carrier for my 2" hitch. They have some nice wide ones that obscure most of the rear license plate. I need to do a test on the 407 electronic toll highway to see just how sensitive those Raytheon cameras really are.
                You are such a rebel. ;-)
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                  You are such a rebel. ;-)
                  Dontcha just love it?
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

You might try surfing www.campingworld.com - I looked through there and saw brand new Curt Hitch Receivers on about page four or five of this link:

This next link is at curtmfg.com

I think me personally I'd want to fabricate one myself, or have it done by someone I knew well and trusted.
                    (IE: Somebody with more experience welding than I have right now)
                    Last edited by Greywolf; 03-15-2016, 09:35 PM.
                    Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

On my aspire I made my own 2" Reese for convenience reasons.

I have a 14ft flatbed @ about 800# empty, one day I hauled 2 industrial water heaters side by side on it @ 950# each.

She tugged it down flat payment in overdrive like a champ!

Sent from my s-off'ed m7 with CM11

Comment

Originally posted by jason_ View Post
                        On my aspire I made my own 2" Reese for convenience reasons.

I have a 14ft flatbed @ about 800# empty, one day I hauled 2 industrial water heaters side by side on it @ 950# each.

She tugged it down flat payment in overdrive like a champ!

Nice! I knew these things could haul a lot. Were talking 2700 pounds not kg right? How far did you go? And did you make your hitch 'from scratch' or start with one meant for another vehicle and modify it? Pictures of the hitch?

Comment

Scratch, #/pounds. 100 miles. I setup electric brakes and everything.

Next time if I remember and get up there I'll take a photo of it.

Hills were tough. If you knew it was coming or could see it, drop 2 cogs, redline and hold it. By the time you make the top it'll be 35mph.

Everyone here brags about ponies and torque. You start doing shit like that and you'll find out just how good your build is...

Spinning tires and doing circle laps empty is kid play.

Last edited by jason_; 03-16-2016, 11:40 AM.

Comment

So with a B6T and the g-series 5spd could i tow 2 sport bikes safely? Would be nice to tow my bikes to the dragon and ride them and drive the car there as well.
                            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                            1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                            19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I towed thousands of miles with stock aspire gearbox. Whatever series that is? The most weak one I think?

No issues. Cog it and floor it. Worry about something else.

Comment

Although I am curious the results of several 10s of miles of WOT with full boost on such little valves and Pistons.....

I suppose it's fine as long as you're plumbed with a pyrometer.

There's a reason the big boys have them.

Last edited by jason_; 03-16-2016, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X