Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OHIOSTIVA FALL FLING THREAD: OCTOBER 13TH, 2007!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home again, home again, jiggity jig!!!!

I made it home!!!!

State8 fixed me right up, and at a very reasonable price! (compared to what I'm used paying here at home) Robert, the service writer, was very courteous and helpful, and everyone there did their best to take car of me. Got on the road about 1:30 this afternoon, and got home about an hour ago.

Anthony (codex) and Julie, I can't thank you two enough for sitting with me and finding me a tow and directing me to State8. You guys were fantastic!!! And Karl and Packrat, thanks for trying to help as well. This is why I love this group; we're all family!!!

Anthony, don't forget to send whatever info you have about the title you need. I'll do my best to care of you on it.

Brian, I got your voicemail when I stopped for gas around 4. Apparently, my phone didn't get signal while at the bike shop. Sorry I missed you call, but thanks for the concern!
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

• I am glad you got back safely. You should have called,I would have put you up for the night.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

• Glad you got home safely Jim

So what actually happened to the tire / tube ??
        Did they find the culprit , and what did the tube look like when they got it off ?
        ------------------------------------------------
        The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
        Smart Passion white with H-D interior
        HD2500 Duramax Chevy
        Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
        Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
        Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
        Z28 LS1 power 500 +
        90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
        It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

• tube started to tear away from the valve stem... ? That's the last time I buy Kenda tubes. Had a similar problem with the front one last summer, right after I put those tires on.

Brian, I'd have called you, but I didn't have your # !

I appreciate it, though!
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

• well i finally just got home (what a nightmare lol) after i left Brians house with jennifers (Brians G/F) car everything was going smooth, drove the 4 hours to get to the border and since we were 2 canadians driving an american car they wouldn't let us cross the border, so we got a room just south of detroit, this morning i called my parents and we decided for them to come pick us up at summit so we drove the 4 hours back to brians to return jennifers car and met up with my parents

now just to arrange to get my Z back home....... thanks again Brian and Jennifer for all the help and to jeff (5.0zone) for the pushes with the high milage festy (i really wish we could have gotten a video or picture of that)

it's definately time for bed

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• THANK GOD FOR HOMELAND SECURITY!!

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• [moved to the correct thread]
                Made it back it NC safe and sound.
                Did have to stop and replace the fuel filter in WV. It was starving for fuel on those long up hills.
                At a rest stop on I-77 in NC just below the Virginia border an elderly lady accidental stepped on the gas instead of the brake when she was parking and jumped the curb and ran through a fence. Stopped about 30 feet later. Fortunately no one was hurt.
                Thanks John for the place to stay. If you are ever back in NC give me a call you are always welcome at my house.

Jeff

PS. I didn't get to see the race today but I did get to do some bump drafting of my own this weekend. :shock: :lol: :shock:
                ~Jeff
                1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

• Damkid - Yanno... I had a funny feeling that was going to happen when you hit the Canada border. I don't know why I didn't say something about it before we left.

Anyways - glad to hear you made it home ok. Now it's just getting the Z back!
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

• yeah, what happened to the Z???
                    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

• Something went with the clutch... He couldn't tackle any hills without being pushed up them. Should've got the video camera out during the ride to Brian's house, but I was too worried about being hit by impatient drivers.
                      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy
                        ....I was too worried about being hit by impatient drivers.
                        Hey, at least you'd of had a warning as they plowed into me first!
                        Man, I wasn't happy when we were on that highway doing 25 mph!
                        If it wasn't for 5.0zone think we'd of had to abandon the z!
                        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                        '92 Aqua parts Car
                        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                        Your holy ghost will not save you.
                        Your God plutonium will not save you.
                        In fact...
                        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• here is link to my morning ride to ohiostiva with carbonvmax

"FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                          89L Silver EFI auto
                          91GL Green Auto DD
                          There ain't no rest for the wicked
                          until we close our eyes for good.
                          I will sleep when I die!
                          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• link to the traffic circle attack....lol

"FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            There ain't no rest for the wicked
                            until we close our eyes for good.
                            I will sleep when I die!
                            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• Me Dennis And Trevor all made it home safely, Misjudged fuel ran out 40 miles from home Dennis went and got me some, burn's a bit more running 80mph.
                              Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                              99 Dodge Caravan SE
                              95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                              94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                              78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                              78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                              03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                              95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                              95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                              95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

• Glad everyone got home !!

It is too bad ..BUT... the ones that did not drive their Festivas had the most trouble ??

Hopefully everyone will have their Festiva's up and running for the next one :lol:
                                ------------------------------------------------
                                The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                                Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                                HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                                Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                                Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                                Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                                Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                                90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                                It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Working...
                                X