No announcement yet.

FM4 -Raleigh N.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just getting home. It was another great FM meet!!!
    And I got to go for a ride in Eurotiva.. weeeeeee!!!
    It was good to see everyone and spend some time with you all.
    ~Jeff
    1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
    1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
    2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

• Made it home. Really enjoyed seeing some of my favorite festivas in person
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

• Just made it home slightly before 2am. Ended up being about 11 hours of drive time. We missed out turn and went through downtown D.C. instead of around it, the capital and washington monument were all lit up. Had some issues with the headlights dropping and ended up using a little duct tape to hold them up. Also think I may have done the whole trip running on 3 cylinders. One of my spark plugs is soaking wet and black like it hasn't been firing for a while. Will have to check into that later. Great meet, it was really great to meet and see so many new faces, and the warm welcome was great.

Logan and Amanda

Comment

• Haven't had time to post since it has been so crazy here. We had a reporter and a photographer from the Raleigh News and Observer at the meet and they couldn't stop staring and grinning. Here is link to the story and pics in today's paper. More later.
          Wow, great time!

THANKS everyone for the great meet and THANK the lord for the great weather. Couldn't have been a more perfect day and I know Dean was watching it all.
          Last edited by Smedley; 10-03-2010, 04:49 AM.
          1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
          1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
          Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
          website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

• That's a great story.....and a very nice pic at the top, Caety! Picked the best interior, eh?
            1989 Red L- The Baron
            www.letstalkbeatles.com
            Link to Baron Pics:
            http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
            1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
              ...Also think I may have done the whole trip running on 3 cylinders...
              You think? I coulda told you that when you pulled up!

had a great time yesterday, unfortunately there were several people who didn't make it due to car troubles etc, but what a great turnout!
              ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
              91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
              1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
              2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smedley View Post
                ...Raleigh News and Observer...
                Great article!

Crap - Kristi & I just drove up from Myrtle Beach yesterday... If I'd a been paying attention (and known about the meet) I would have taken a detour over to Raleigh. Sigh...

Comment

• ^

thanks everyone for a great meet! my first event & it was a blast, i enjoyed meeting everyone & their great cars. congrats to the little red pkup it was cool! & i had fun @ the house scrapping the parts car! you guys are great & tks again!
                  Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• As you may have already read, we broke the record again! FM3 had 55 cars at the meet and we achieved 69 total this year!

I hope I spoke with every single person at the meet. Thank you to all who attended (or attempted to attend) Festiva Madness IV.

For those who traveled from out of town... (whether it was 10 miles or 1400!)

Thank you so much for being at the meet! I truly enjoyed meeting each of you and seeing your cars! We really appreciate the time it took for each of you to drive to the meet!

We will be debriefing soon about how the meet went and discussing ways to improve FM5! If anyone has a suggestion for improvements, please let us know!

We also had 5 categories for each participant to win a trophy! This was a Festiva Madness first....

The categories were:

1.) Festiva with the lowest miles.
                    2.) Festiva with the highest miles.
                    3.) Bad luck award.
                    4.) Traveled the furthest for FMIV
                    5.) Fan favorite!

I will post those winners names as soon as I can get back to Barb's and get the list.
                    Last edited by Britstiva; 10-03-2010, 07:50 AM.
                    www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                    www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                    Snoopy's
                    4621 Atlantic Ave
                    Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

• Another Awesome Madness. Only 364 days till the next one so everyone start planning and preparing for it. I would love to see 100 Festivas at Madness V.
                      I want to thank everyone who attended it was a blast meet new folks and seeing old friends. COME ON MADNESS V!
                      Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
                      187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

• ideas

Originally posted by Britstiva View Post
                        As you may have already read, we broke the record again! FM3 had 55 cars at the meet and we achieved 69 total this year!

I hope I spoke with every single person at the meet. Thank you to all who attended (or attempted to attend) Festiva Madness IV.

For those who traveled from out of town... (whether it was 10 miles or 1400!)

Thank you so much for being at the meet! I truly enjoyed meeting each of you and seeing your cars! We really appreciate the time it took for each of you to drive to the meet!

We will be debriefing soon about how the meet went and discussing ways to improve FM5! If anyone has a suggestion for improvements, please let us know!

We also had 5 categories for each participant to win a trophy! This was a Festiva Madness first....

The categories were:

1.) Festiva with the lowest miles.
                        2.) Festiva with the highest miles.
                        3.) Bad luck award.
                        4.) Traveled the furthest for FMIV
                        5.) Fan favorite!

I will post those winners names as soon as I can get back to Barb's and get the list.
                        i think name tags for instance screen name/real name
                        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
                          You think? I coulda told you that when you pulled up!

had a great time yesterday, unfortunately there were several people who didn't make it due to car troubles etc, but what a great turnout!
                          Wish you would have mentioned it, haha. I really didn't start worrying till 5 hours back home and I pulled the plugs and one was soaking wet. Oh well, I think I will go fix it today.

Name tags would be nice, but I think the meet was just great in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smedley View Post
                            Haven't had time to post since it has been so crazy here. We had a reporter and a photographer from the Raleigh News and Observer at the meet and they couldn't stop staring and grinning. Here is link to the story and pics in today's paper. More later.
                            Wow, great time!

THANKS everyone for the great meet and THANK the lord for the great weather. Couldn't have been a more perfect day and I know Dean was watching it all.
                            Don't forget to show the love on the articles comments page! Here is mine ....
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky View Post
                              That's a great story.....and a very nice pic at the top, Caety! Picked the best interior, eh?
                              Yes she did!!HEHE Thank you to everyone who made this weekend so great dean who have loved it great to finally put faces with some of those names .
                              Fan favorite -mickey-thomas
                              highest milage- scitzz-paul short over 650 thousand miles
                              farthest traveled went to catlady- karen -23 hour drive
                              lowest milage went to - mickey - thomas-67 thousand miles
                              bad luck festiva went to resurrecked- matt rear ended a suv on the way to the meet and still patched it up and finished driving 300 more miles to the meet,

again thank you this meet was the best yet ill post pictures as soon as i get back to lincolnton ... again thank you to all angie
                              Last edited by ladyblaster; 10-03-2010, 10:55 AM.

CONTACT FOR 4TH STIVA:July 2 2011.TURKEY STIVA
                              91-auto gl :::Ol Glory

Comment

• OK, so we are mostly being slack about posting pics but we are still wrenching cars here today. And the pull apart car is still being dismantled. I thought I would have a shell left like last year, but the car is being sawzalled as I write this, so may not be enough to be worth keeping when they get done. LOL

Thanks to everyone for coming, the wonderful friends who helped and all the new folks who were so awesome to meet.

Festivaholics are great people - may they never be cured!
                                1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
                                1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                                Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
                                website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Working...
                                X