Westiva 2017.... save the date!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But you put Westiva in BC.
    "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
    "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
    "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
    "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
    "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
    "Wenona"-89L parts car
    "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Latest blog post is now up... follow this link. It features a great little video of the area.

Ian
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by ThisVelologist View Post
        Here's my very direct route >
        Thats quite the trip! Doing any updates somewhere online during your trip like a blog or something?
        Forecast is still for sun and +25c (77f)

Comment

Less that a week to go!!! I know I've posted this clip before but here goes... the opening scenes of the movie John Q were filmed on Highway 40 on the stretch between the Trans Canada Highway and the Wedge Pond turnoff...

John Q opening, Alberta Highway #40
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

Looks to be a promising day! Probably way too hot, lol. But Last year it rained so hot is better.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

ONE MORE SLEEP!!!!!!! Ben, Bob and Jimmy are all over the border and on their way to their respective overnight accommodations! Weather forecast is still looking good with a high of over 30°C.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

I would have to say that this year's edition of Westiva was the best one yet. Even with two last minute cancellations we still had seven very different Festivas and one Suzuki Swift convertible representing three states and two provinces. The weather was perfect starting out relatively cool in the morning and warming up quite nicely to about 30ºC/86ºF in the afternoon. I can't remember when we've had more curious onlookers stop by to ask questions and generally show interest. I'll be working on a post in the photo section shortly along with a blog post. Here's a couple of teaser photos for you to start with....

A huge thank you to Ben (KY), Jimmy (GA) and Bob (WA) for making the trip up to join us. Thanks also to Joe (SK) for bring the sharkmouth Festiva.

The tentative date for the next Westiva is July 14, 2018.... will you be there?
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Westiva blog post just got uploaded.... go here

Photo post on the forum to follow soon!
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Was a great meet! Thanks a lot for organizing it!
                    Interesting thing with your blog update was the photo on the hy40 overpass over hy1 was probably taken at the exact second i realized you were just ahead of us!
                    Ive got some photos uploaded to imgur for whenever you get the photo post made

Comment

Photo thread has been started here
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

And updated! By me, with a bit of writing about how things went for us and our kids. Anyone else who came should add photos as well

Last edited by ryanprins13; 07-22-2017, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X