No announcement yet.

Westiva 2017.... save the date!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could be the perfect summer getaway. I'm near Seattle and just might make the trek.

Comment

ok, this year I might be able to go... ive got my f250 that can tow my festiva and I can borrow my friends trailer... gotta do a little work to the festiva though, I did have it running a few months ago but I think the ecu finally quit, im not 100% sure though... im gonna talk to my friends and see if they wanna take a road trip and see some cool cars and we can split the diesel cost a few ways... find some long range shooting spots along the way and maybe do some varmint hunting too lol... we gotta get more people to show up to the meet though, is there any other economy box type car clubs that would join us?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

[QUOTE=sasquatch;733054 We gotta get more people to show up to the meet though, is there any other economy box type car clubs that would join us?[/QUOTE]

I've posted invites on a couple of Geo Metro and Suzuki Swift sites along with the Ford Aspire forum. Also posted on the Mighty Car Mods forum and over on Club Protege. There have been a couple of Swifts show up including a convertible last year, along with a Subaru Vivio. Still haven't had an Aspire join us though.

Looking forward to a big turnout this year!
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

As of now, this is the rough plan of my route.
          Ben Rogers, Admin of the
          Facebook Group

'93 Festiva GL "Frito" (Travelled in 36 US States & 4 Canadian Provinces)

'91 Festiva L "Barry Bluejeans"
          '95 Dickmeyer Aspire SE "Dortmund" (SOLD to jbibb1)
          '91 Festiva L "Fermina" (SOLD to Hulspowered)
          '93 Festiva L "Tallsmallcar" (SOLD to Stretch and Skeeters_Keeper)

Watch "It's a Festiva", my short film!

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisVelologist View Post
            As of now, this is the rough plan of my route.
            Thats crazy. The good kind of crazy! i wish i could do that.

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
            we gotta get more people to show up to the meet though, is there any other economy box type car clubs that would join us?
            Like ian said other economy cars are invited and have shown up in the past.
            What about miata's? The miata group is a bit different than the econobox group of people i think, so im not sure. There is a miata group in edmonton though.

Anyway, looks like its going to be a good turnout, i cant wait!

Will the austin healy be on the road by then ian?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
            Last edited by ryanprins13; 01-18-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

This year, 2017, marks the 150th anniversary of the founding of Canada. One of the ways this event is being celebrated is by making it free to enter all of Canada's national parks. Banff National Park is only an hour away from the starting point of Westiva. Some of the things to visit in the park include:
              - Banff Springs Hotel
              - Cave and Basin National Historic Site
              - Chateau Lake Louise
              - Lake Louise itself

... and that hardly scratches the surface! Check out this site for info on all that falls under the auspices of Parks Canada.

Another thing to look at could be a drive up the Columbia Icefield Highway that links the Banff/Lake Louise area with the the town of Jasper and Jasper National Park. One of my favorites, driven it quite a few times but not in a Festiva.... yet!

Watch this space for more things to do in the area.

Only five months to go!!!!

Ian
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                Will the Austin Healey be on the road by then Ian?
                I very much doubt it. I'm thinking this is a one or two year project. I still have work to do on the Festiva so that will be taking a bit of a priority... that and getting things in general ready for the meet.

Ian
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Only 20 weeks to go!

Here's another great event to enjoy while you're here for Westiva...

The Canadian Badlands Passion Play

Let me know what kind of activities you're interested in and I'll see what I can find for you. Here's a couple of Calgary's "must see" sites:

For animal lovers: Calgary Zoo
                  For architecture lovers: Peace Bridge, the Calgary Tower, the Bow
                  For history buffs: Heritage Park, Glenbow Museum, Fort Calgary

More info to come as the day draws closer!
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

ONLY 16 WEEKS TO GO! htd

I have started an official sign up thread here so don't hesitate to add your name... even if you're a maybe! Would love to see attendance in the double digits again.

There's lots more to do in Calgary and surrounding area than I have posted. Check out this link to find out what to do in Calgary. Here's a similar link for Southern Alberta.
                    Last edited by fastivaca; 03-24-2017, 07:14 PM.
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

It's still on my bucket list, if I can keep the bucket from leaking this year.
                      "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                      "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                      "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                      "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                      "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                      "Wenona"-89L parts car
                      "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

I will be there!!!

Comment

htd 11 WEEKS TO GO!!!! htd

Follow this link to find other things to do in the Calgary area either before or after Westiva.

Please add your name to the list here even if you're only a "maybe". We'd like to start getting a handle on numbers of cars and people.

Thanks

Ian
                          Last edited by fastivaca; 04-24-2017, 02:55 PM.
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

71 days to go! There will be trophies, there will be at least one valuable prize! But...... you'll have to join us to find out what the prize is.

If you're planning on coming, or even just thinking about it, please sign up here.

Looked back on past events to see how many different Festivas, and others, have attended over the years along with some other stats:
                            • 24: number of different Festivas
                            • 1: Subaru Vivio
                            • 3: Swift/Metros
                            • 1: older Kia Sportage belonging to a former Festiva owner (still in the family)
                            • 3400 km: Furthest travelled to come to Westiva
                            • Brad (littlehoe) has only missed three events since we started
                            • 10: most Festivas at one event
                            • 4: number of provinces represented
                            • 2: number of states represented
                            • 4 out of the 6 attendees last year were first timers! And I had three or four said they stayed home because of the weather.
                            • Sadly 3 of the 4 Festivas that were at the first Westiva back in 2008 are no longer with us.

I would love to see us back into double digits again this year. Will you be there?
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                              ok, this year I might be able to go... ive got my f250 that can tow my festiva and I can borrow my friends trailer... gotta do a little work to the festiva though, I did have it running a few months ago but I think the ecu finally quit, im not 100% sure though... im gonna talk to my friends and see if they wanna take a road trip and see some cool cars and we can split the diesel cost a few ways... find some long range shooting spots along the way and maybe do some varmint hunting too lol... we gotta get more people to show up to the meet though, is there any other economy box type car clubs that would join us?
                              Found anyone to go with you yet? How Is the work on the festiva going? Hope you can make it! I would love to join you to do some shooting but I doubt that would work out unfortunately :/

Comment

haven't done anything to the car the shops been a mess and ive been doing other things... if it starts up and doesn't need a new ecu, I may be able to make it, but if it needs a new ecu, that's gonna have to wait... I asked my tuner how much a new one would be and its about 1300 bucks for everything... any chance of having a track day or something with the meet, maybe the day after or before?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X