Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why isn't anyone looking over the repair help forum?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why isn't anyone looking over the repair help forum?????

why isn't anyone there to look over or at least oversee that forum????

repair help is one of the MAIN reasons why people with festivas and aspires come to this site in the first place!!

and for someone to give a reply to a newbie with a question even if its just to say "hi we will try to answer your problem as soon as we can".

I'm sure one of your pinheads can do that! :lol:

just my 2 cents worth, and have a nice day!

Well, actually I wanted someone that has multiple Festivas, works on them themselves, and can help troubleshoot problems... So far we have only had 2 volunteers and I felt that one of them would be better suited for a different forum and the other.. I just won't make into a mod at all.

Hmm want the job? You go to the meets, have multiple Festivas, have contributed many times to help those that have needed it and you've been here for quite awhile. What say you?

Comment

b/c it gets tedious answering the same retarded questions over and over.

Besides...the engine/drivetrain section (which should be for performance B3 mods) gets all of the repair related questions
      Wil
      02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
      00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
      05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
      93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
      96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
      93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

im new member,,dont know my way around the site yet,,repair forum...engine repair??

Comment

I'm somewhat new, couple months in but still a rookie. I've spent alot of time on this site. Being a member on the Galant center forum & Trailvoy forum this festiva forum is gold. Alot of good people willing to help out & give you knowledge. This is my favorite forum for that fact. I've learned alot on here. Bless your souls!!!!
          sigpic Hold up, I'm headed to the moon cus the world is screwed up

Comment

Originally posted by krackerjack View Post
            im new member,,dont know my way around the site yet,,repair forum...engine repair??
            I assume you found thus 9 year old thread while searching. When you look at the forum main page http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/forum.php, scroll down to the maintenance section and click on the Repair Help forum http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/fo...air-Help-Forum.
            Rick
            1993 Ford Festiva
            1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
            1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
            2000 Ford E350

Comment

Originally posted by krackerjack View Post
              Hey Kracker its easy.... Scroll up to the top of our forum page. You'll see 5 titles "Home" "Forum" "Chat" "Donate" & "Like us on FB". If you click "Home" you'll always get the 5 most recent posts on ANY topic on this forum. If you click "Forum", now you just opened the "Index" for ALL Main Topics. I'm guessing but I would have to say the top 3 Topics are "General Discussion" "Off Topic" & "Repair Help". If you look under each title you'll see a brief description of what the Moderator for that Topic wants you to talk about. Now open that Topic and you will see a long list of what we call "Threads". These threads are all created by members like you. They are "Moderated" by the Mod for that peticular "Topic". You can at any time create your own thread,but keep in mind. This forum has been around a long time and A LOT of stuff has already been discussed in great detail.Everytime a person creates a "Thread" it takes up "Storage Space" on our "Server". And Storage Space cost money,so its always thoughtfull to consider this. So before asking a question like "What OIL should I put in my transmission"?" You'd be expected to do a "Search" for this question.So scroll to the top of the Forum again. You'll see a Blank white "rectangle" with an hour glass to the right.And the word "advanced search" below. Type in that blank space two words like "Transmission Oil" and you'll get whats called a "HIT". Any thread that has those words will be in a list form,from most recent to oldest. And those two words will be highlighted in yellow in each thread you open up.The technical name for this command is called a "Search Engine". And unfortunately the creator of the software for our forum (many other forums use this same hardware) kinda sucks. So what you can do is use "Google" as your search engine for Fordfestiva.com. Just open up a new "Browser" and open Google. Then type out "What Transmission Oil should I use Fordfestiva.com" and hit enter. Then you get a bunch of hits and you can look through those. THEN 2 hrs later LOL If your like me you'll find yourself reading threads that have nothing to do with your original search! Then if you cant find what you want (Like many of us) Create your very own new thread, in Correct Topic area (Damkid your welcome) and just say "Hey guys I looked,but no can find help me out!" You can also click those tow little words"advanced search" by hovering your mouse over the words then clicking it. It will pull up a new directory and you play around with those options.But the very first thing the Mods want you to do first though is read the Rules and Guidelines. So go back to "Forum"at the top.And the very FIRST Topic is rules.This is not a coincidence they want you to see it first. Open that up and read those 3 or 4 "threads". Good luck,hope this helps.I'm sure I missed a lot but you figure it out with practice.Nitro-
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

bump, on general principles
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

We need new staff members... Problem is that only admins can promote a member to moderator and well.... how often do you see admins on here?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I agree! I often thought " What if I wanted to be a Moderator?" Yes, it does seem like some have gotten tired of moderating and don't appear much.

What does one do to become a moderator? Ask an administrator? I think in the past, I think I remember a moderator position was handed off to someone else?
                    I would suggest PM'ing an admin, they often get PM notifications.
                    Last edited by drddan; 06-08-2015, 11:27 PM.
                    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I had a thread going in the mods section asking for new mods..... That was two months ago......

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

LOL
                        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                        '92 Aqua parts Car
                        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                        Your holy ghost will not save you.
                        Your God plutonium will not save you.
                        In fact...
                        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                          I had a thread going in the mods section asking for new mods..... That was two months ago......
                          I musta missed that
                          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                            I musta missed that
                            You can't see threads in the staff section though

Comment

I'd like to sincerely thank the people who are still actively involved in keeping this forum alive. I know a lot of emphasis has been switched over to the FB page, but some of us aren't real enthusiastic about using FB. The forum is something I enjoy using and will continue to use as long as you guys keep up the good work.

Thank You!
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X