No announcement yet.

Speaker Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope the actual speakers in the aspire are like 6". Off size some foreign cars have. I had to drill a couple holes on the front and use some metal screws, on the back I just cut out the grill and did something custom. I'm wondering how 6.25's will fit, that maybe your better bet.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

dang.
      www.dantheoilman.com
      AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
      Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
      Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

I dont know about an aspire but the festys take 4 in the dash and an odd ball size in the rear. with a little modification to the rear panel a 5 1/4 will fit fine and to do this modification i reccomend removing the entire panel and using a fine tooth saw. on another note i have a jensen head unit and a rockford punch he2 sub and was wondering if anyone knew anywhere i could get a good anp to push the speaker. its dual voice coil with 800 w capacity each.

Comment

Polk Audio

In my 97 Aspire I put four 5.25" Polk Audio speakers in (retaining stock look) and with the healthy Pioneer head unit it rocks impressively. Id like bigger speakers in my Festy but I want the stock appearance. The little 4" speakers are a bit thin. Can you get a decent under the seat sub to beef up the sound without breaking the bank?

Steve (Dayton, Ohio)

Comment

hey all, i just bought a 93 model festiva for my first car (that's right just got my license) an i chucked a alpine head unit with 2 alpine 6" in the front doors... had to customize the doors a bit to fit em lol. i was wantin to put 2 more 6x9" in the back but the shelf is missin where i wanted to mount them. any ideas wat material i should use to make shelf? post me if u can help

Comment

On my 97 Aspire, I put 5.25" Polk Audio speakers in the back. The size is right but the hole pattern was different. I don't like to butcher the vehicle so I took a homemade 1/4" wood template and screwed it to the original mounting holes and screwed the new speakers to the wooden template. That way nothing is cut I and I could take my Polks out and put the stock speakers back if I ever sold the car.

Steve
              Dayton,Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                :evil: i go there to look at speakers for Caety's Aspire and i ask the dude there what the stock size was, so he jumps on the 'puter and comes up with 5 1/4" all around. great, fine, i have something to go with. i find speakers that we like and purchase them yesterday. go to install them and low and behold !!!!!! the damn things are 6.5"s!!!!!! i hate stupid people :evil: and to top tings all off w/ some sweet sweet icing..... they charge me 3 times!!! GRRR!!

so just for future reference, stock size is 6.5"

you have been warned
                I had exactly the same experience; Best Buy sales guy, computer, 5 1/4". Bought some nice Polks. Wrong size, and also NO SPEAKER WIRES came with them! Salesman didn't tell me that. Did a search, found this thread. Drove 15 miles back there, exchanged the Polks, bought some 6 1/2" Kenwoods from the same guy. Mildly gave him a piece of my mind for the two issues. Apparently some speaker brands don't come with wires--but he should have thought of checking, and asking if I needed them. But I don't blame him for the size issue. Anyway, bought the Kenwoods (which came with wires), installed 'em easy. The Aspire speakers have three mounting screws in a triangle pattern. Aftermarket speakers have four screws, in a square pattern. So I used one stock screwhole and mounted the speaker temporarily; and then used a marker to mark where the other three holes needed to be drilled. Simple. The back of the Kenwood box even has a perforated template you can remove and use, if needed! They sound much better than the low-bidder 17-year-old stock speakers!

The Aspire rear speakers are the same as the front ones.

BTW, stock Festy speakers are 4" front and rear. I have four 4" Kenwoods in the stock locations.

NOTE: Previous post is May 2006!
                Last edited by TominMO; 05-03-2012, 08:09 PM.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                X