No announcement yet.

auto trans choices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could possibly do that, are you headed up to Paul's that day or something?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Chris how the heck is the 4speed going to hold behind your car ? Arent you afraid of it blowing ?
      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Not going into his...

Chris, the 14th is the date of our spring meet in SC. Was thinking you might be able to join us and possibly see the G4A in my car if its done. Thinking about chopping a tree down on the Mitsu just so I can justify not finishing it and moving on to Green Car lol.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Ah chances are I wouldn't go further then Paul's, it's already a 12 hour drive to his place lol

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
          Chris how the heck is the 4speed going to hold behind your car ? Arent you afraid of it blowing ?
          Ill be doing a B6T/4spd auto in neanderpaul's festiva

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

let the fun begin

Comment

Oh its on now! Don't forget pics of the G4A once you get it pulled. Mine came from an '89 hatch as well, just curious if there are any differences between the US and Can ones.
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

There's probably not any differences but we'll see lol

I most likely won't pull anything out until shortly before I pick up Paul's car, that way it's fresh in my head how it was put together

Comment

Looking forward to the build! We have our tax money now so as soon as we find us something with four doors and an automatic transmission Green Car will be going under the knife! Might be getting a Mystique if the guy will come off the price a little lol. It runs and drives just needs a fender and a paint job. I kinda like the idea of not having a rebuild it as soon as I buy it, like everything else I've bought in the past 5 years has required lol.
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Are you just swapping the trans? Or engine too?

Comment

Engine that came with my trans is already in Chuck for now. Green Car will retain her Aspire B3 I rebuilt just a couple thousand miles ago. Plenty of pep from it, just needs an extra gear up top
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Awesome! If you get to the trans swap before me, definitely post pics and the horror stories, then we could compare horror stories once I get to the swap haha

On another note, tonight I'm picking up a used hitch for my escape so I'm just about setup for towing again

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                          Awesome! If you get to the trans swap before me, definitely post pics and the horror stories, then we could compare horror stories once I get to the swap haha

On another note, tonight I'm picking up a used hitch for my escape so I'm just about setup for towing again
                          Only horror story I see is relocating the rad. I think I can drop the rear of the trans enough to clear the steering rack, but even in the stock-ish location, the huge cover on the front of that trans will be blocking 1/3 of the airflow through the radiator. Not something you want to do on a half size radiator that will now be dealing with a larger than stock trans lol.

You're gonna have the fun swap of the two, making room for the turbo setup AND trans But we all have faith in you
                          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I think there will also be A/C as well lol, should be fun for sure lol

Comment

Now for some decent pictures.... i'll most likely repost these pics in an official build thread once i get my hands on paul's car :evil4:

146k kms on it (roughly 87k miles) :headbang:

Kick down cable

Comment

Wow is there anything wrong with the car?
                                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                                X