No announcement yet.

auto trans choices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, no spark, the guy was thinking distributor but that doesn't matter to me, it'll end up with a KL anyway lol

I'll probably get it running first so I can test out the tranny though, maybe junkyard run next weekend

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Wish I was closer to take that B6 off your hands
      -Zack
      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Your not that far away, but the B6 is not mine to sell, you gotta talk to neanderpaul about it if you want it

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
          Engine that came with my trans is already in Chuck for now. Green Car will retain her Aspire B3 I rebuilt just a couple thousand miles ago. Plenty of pep from it, just needs an extra gear up top
          htchbck are you not concerned with the amount of hp its going to take to drive that tranny? I see you stated that its a fresh rebuilt B3. Hopefully it wont create to much parasitic drag?
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

as long as he didn't go in and increase the pump pressure in the trans, he'll be good.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              as long as he didn't go in and increase the pump pressure in the trans, he'll be good.
              ok-
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

I figure if it was fine behind a B6 in a somewhat heavier car, should be ok behind a freshly built B3 in a good bit lighter car.
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Anything new on this?
                  1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                  1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                  1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                  1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                  2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                  2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                  2005 Accord - wife's DD
                  2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                  2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

i haven't heard anything yet
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                    X