turbo B3????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo B3????

Would anyone be interested in a b3 turbo kit or turbo manifolds. i am thinking of making some. i have always wanted to turbo a b3.. i bet the b3 can handle 10 psi or more.. just throwing it out there if i get enough people interested i can throw something together...
    YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

10 or more psi on 9.4 compression?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

yeah no problem. my buddy ran 10 psi on 10.8:1 honda on pump, but its not a festiva and i fugure the trend with these mazda motors it can handle more then people think ... i thought they have 9:1 not 9.4 okay 6 to ten psi then..
      Last edited by ketchup; 01-03-2009, 12:37 PM.
      YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

i think it would be easier to make a pipe that would connect the stock manifold to the turbo. that would make it even cheaper. that what people are looking for, i think... if you do make a kit i think that would be amazing!!! that would sell, some people cant do motor swaps but they can install a BASIC turbo kit.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

i'd be very interested in a turbo manifold with a t3 flange. i was going to start shopping around to see how much it would cost to have one fabbed up. pm me if you start doing this service.

i will be running a nice basic setup, just for a little extra boost. it'll be a nissan t25 snail on a b6 sohc, non-intercooled, 2 inch exhaust, ebay bov, b6 vaf, injectors, ecu, ect. along with hotter plugs and 93 octane. i am going to make it a non adjustable 7psi and see how it performs, should be mid 14s in a festiva. i'd also like to add stronger head studs and a stronger head gasket to the b6.

Comment

I will only be able to make something for a car i can get ahold of. so i doubt i will be able to do one for a b6 cause i have never swaped a b6 in. i would recommend an intercooler in every turbo swap it makes it less harmful to the motor a ford probe one is always a good candidate plus you get a few more ponies. I was thinking of doing a log type for the b3 to keep the turbo high enough but i could do an up pipe style too.. i just need to get a stock festiva the ones i have all have bp swaps.
            YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

the b6/b3 manifolds are very similar. If you take measurements off of the b6-e make the manifold it will work for both. Boosting your marketing sales because now you can sell them to all those guys 323performance.com.

Comment

I's tick with a log type myself to make it easier. Are you going to open up the teardrop styled ports? You gonna go with Stainless of just plain steel? I have a 3/8 water jet cut flange in SS in the garage. I had another one of a vj turbo flange but i lost it.

Comment

if you make some and sell some for a b3 pm me please
                  1990 Festiva L sport 26.5k miles
                  snow drifting machine
                  sunpro supertach II, racing pedals, new deck, air horn
                  blue neon

Comment

if you make some and sell some for a b3 pm me please
                    same here i would be interested in buying one if you make em

Comment

if you find a b3 to work off of, i`ll still buy one. seriously, let me know!

Comment

my buddy is picking up a white 90 festiva tomorrow its all stock... its getting a t25 and a log to go with it. ford probe intercooler. bp ecu and distributor with bp injectors and an fmu...rev it to 7500.. i have a couple b6t heads and a miata bp head so i was thinking i could pull some valve springs out of one of em to put in the b3 if they fit... just an idea..when i get a full kit together and tested ill probably put it up for sale..
                        Last edited by ketchup; 01-12-2009, 12:06 AM.
                        YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

I would want to buy one. That would be awesome, please let me know. Thanks Jim.
                          Little Tykes

Comment

i have a buddy that could make flanges on a burn table. i was planning on using mild steel tube 1/8 inch wall with 1/2 inch flanges. it wont be as good as stainless but it wont cost as much either. i used the same materials on my bp top mount mani and have not had one crack or problem and i have about 1500 really hard beatings constantly miles on it and its heat wrapped wich makes cracking worse.. i was also thinking about using the stock head flange for them like you mail me a core so i can reuse it. if i remember they are a tube style.. any way i w ill be starting on the first kit next week or so ant probaby have a manifold or two made with a price.. what turbo flange i use will be determined by you. t3, vj, t25, td04, i was thinking that we should decide on a standard two one for the b3 and one for the b6 some that are cheap and easy to find. let me know.
                            YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

td04 eclipse is probably going to be your cheapest bet.....you can find them on the net for 30-40 bucks and rebuilds are cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X