turbo B3????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking Festiva!
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

has anyone had a problem of exessive oil leakage out of the valve cover this thing has a serious leak and the timing belt sprays oil all over. is there any other common leak spot on the timing belt side? this motor only has about 90000 miles on it and it has been in 4 of our festies. the thing runs like a dream. we swaped it in the day my buddy got it. the motor that was in it had a little smoke problem..
      YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

probably the crank seal but it could be the valve cover seal. my old festy had a bad leak at the valve cover, but it was on the drivers side. crank seals are pretty cheap and easy to replace.

Comment

i would say that the only thing different to do with an auto trans would be to retard the timing a little. just too keep the chance of detonating down. but thats only if you can hear a little, chances are it wont be any different and will run with the same tuning..
          YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

yeah this thing leaks on both sides and across the front its always wet at the gasket.i figured the valve cover is alot of it. i was just wondering if there were any other common leaks.
            YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

crank seal leakage is pretty common on festivas. sometimes they leak so bad you get a coat of oil on the back of the car.

Comment

thats probably whats going on cause there are puddles on the strut tower..
                YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

yeah its sweet when i pull up to the stop lights smoke pours out from under the hood.(thats my white festiva in the pics)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                    dude, haven't you seen Yvan's auto trans mods? The F3A trans is tough!!! I'd rate it over the G25MR in strength. Go to the Custom Engine/Drivetrain and look for Yvan's sticky.
                    Well then someone needs to build up a b3 turbo/auto festy for some drag racing!
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

^^^ I've already built two transmissions, one for 25Horseplay for his B6T swap, and one for Qaking for a BP swap. Neither are done yet. I'll be building one for myself, for a B6 swap in Hula (although not as aggressive).
                      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

i doubt you could run a 12.1 quarter on the auto trans. but i bet it is stronger than the stock manual. less impact and all, but not as stong as a gtmr not even close
                        YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

Yvan ran low 10's on his, even dipped into the 9's. Having had many Mazda F and G series trans apart, as well as F3A and 4EAT autos, the autos are MUCH beefier than the manual trans'. The autos weak spots are the valve bodies, specifically the line pressure regulator calibration. Bumping up the line pressure causes the shifts to be much more harsh, but the basic structure of the geartrain can easily take it!
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

in the 1/8 mile thats like a low 14. i wanna see somebody put down 300 wheel hp on an auto..
                            YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

It wouldn't be on a B3
                              -Josh R

Comment

of course not a b3 but a bp. but the gtmr doesnt come on a b3. why dont you power brake it then. the strength is in the case not just gearsize.
                                Last edited by ketchup; 01-14-2009, 12:38 AM.
                                YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X