Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

short throw shifter done! LOTS of pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
    Love that shifter! If I hadn't already bought an eBay special, I'd gladly pay for one of those!

Castrol EDGE
    THANKS!!! i got a GOOD laugh out of that one :lol:

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

you know you could have jsut unbolted the one rod conected to the shifter and pulled the shifter out and cut the bottom in between the ball and the bottom where it bolted to the rod, and added like a inch or how much you wanted and welded it up and put it back in and it would work jsut as good. haha thats what im gona do.
      but nice work

Comment

Hmmmmm.......wheels are turnin'.......got a sawzall/welder....hm....
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I need to make a setup like that, I'm tired of my shifter dropping and hitting the exhaust every time the rubber part craps out. I hope you have solid trans mounts, otherwise you have turned your shifter brace into a trans brace. Nice fab.

Comment

Very nice work! (adding to my list)
            Tim S

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
              thanks what commercial is that?
              It must be a regional thing. We have an oil commercial (Mobil 1, I think) where there's a short guy dressed in riding pants and a beret with a Scottish accent and carrying a 3 foot long dipstick (like a riding crop). He walks through people's garages when they're changing oil and whips them as hard as he can across the back of the legs and says, "Start thinkin' with your dipstick, Jimmy!".
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                It must be a regional thing. We have an oil commercial (Mobil 1, I think) where there's a short guy dressed in riding pants and a beret with a Scottish accent and carrying a 3 foot long dipstick (like a riding crop). He walks through people's garages when they're changing oil and whips them as hard as he can across the back of the legs and says, "Start thinkin' with your dipstick, Jimmy!".
                Imagine if it were real life? I imagine if he did that around here, there would be 3 feet of dipstick jammed up his...:bootyshake:

Funny commercial though
                Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
                  you know you could have jsut unbolted the one rod conected to the shifter and pulled the shifter out and cut the bottom in between the ball and the bottom where it bolted to the rod, and added like a inch or how much you wanted and welded it up and put it back in and it would work jsut as good. haha thats what im gona do.
                  but nice work
                  its kind of hard to tell what you are talking about but i think that are trying to say to just make the bottom half of the shifter longer... i did that and i had it so long it allmost hit my exhaust and the throw was still to long lol...

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                  Hmmmmm.......wheels are turnin'.......got a sawzall/welder....hm....
                  go for it im so glad i had my friends plasma cutter... the thing is so handy, i had the center cut out in NO time...

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
                  I need to make a setup like that, I'm tired of my shifter dropping and hitting the exhaust every time the rubber part craps out. I hope you have solid trans mounts, otherwise you have turned your shifter brace into a trans brace. Nice fab.
                  2 birds with one stone lol jk.... i still have the rubber mount on the trans, and when i do my motor swap im filling all the mounts with extra rubber to stiffen them up a bit

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
                    but nice work
                    we did that before and didn't last long... had to get under the car and like hit the shifter with a rock to push it to third. hilarious.

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                    go for it im so glad i had my friends plasma cutter...
                    yummy! i checked out one here in the philippines and it goes for around 1600 dollars, whoa! mean stuff.
                    http://kiaprideclub.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Nice job, just add some adjustable over travel stops ( a couple bolts with jam nuts ) to prevent over travel. Over travel can wear down sycros.
                      money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
                        Nice job, just add some adjustable over travel stops ( a couple bolts with jam nuts ) to prevent over travel. Over travel can wear down sycros.
                        mine are so bad it may where them back... lol jk. thats a good idea, ill have to do that when i do my trans swap, im not to worried about this trans...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

i want a sssts!! how much??

Comment

nice very nice

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                            92 GL - parts car
                            97 aspire - parts car
                            87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                            http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                            Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by 92festie View Post
                              i want a sssts!! how much??
                              im not to sure if i can make a "kit" or anything i have been getting some ideas and may be able to make somthing work but it would require the buyer to cut the center bit where i cut and also drill 4 holes to mount the plates... then i may be able to make a kit but i dont know if everyone can do that...

Originally posted by Festiva_tunner View Post
                              nice very nice
                              thanks

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Make a couple and see.....
                                -Greg
                                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                                Redneck Engineer
                                FOTY - '09
                                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                                X