Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

short throw shifter done! LOTS of pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think ill fiddle around with it on my parts car and report back in a bit...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

please do!! very interested!!

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
        i think ill fiddle around with it on my parts car and report back in a bit...
        Status?
        Hows the thing holding up?

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
        92 GL - parts car
        97 aspire - parts car
        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

sorry about the long time with no updates but i havnt had any money to look in to building them but i have been thinking about it a fair bit and i came up with a killer idea for how it will be made... the only thing the person will have to do is cut the old shifter housing plate off the shaft running to the trans... very easy

as for the system holding up i did have one problem a little while ago i had the bottom bushing where out, but that was because it was metal on metal... i chopped that thing off and then welded on a piece that i chopped off of the stock festiva shifter, that worked even better than the first time i had it in... its even a better feel

just a quick question for everyone... what would you guys and gals be will to pay for somthing like this? if you want you can send me a pm telling me or if you want you can just reply below... the kit would come with everything you would need to put it in to your car besides the tools you need to install it... and all you need is 10mm, 12mm and a 14mm wrench or socket... and maby even a shifter knob and boot of your choice... and i could put what ever thread on thge top of it to fit what ever shift knob you may have...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

its all made of steel rite??

Comment

besides the plastic bushings, yup...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

what about an old ratrod style one that almost touches the roof? lol
                03 Chevy S-10 Extreme-4.3
                92 Ford Festiva GL-to be determined
                92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-5.7

Comment

seen it done in a festiva... and the guy didnt even make the throws shorter, he just stuck a longer rod on top of the festiva one.... the throws where so long...

my throws are: "brummm"...click..."brummmm"

his are: "brummmm"

click.....

"brummmm"

lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

I think you could sell quite a few for 50 bucks if thats cost effective for you - I figure this because the others are 20 and you have to mod them to make them work - I personally would be willing to pay up to 70 for a plug and play version of yours

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                    92 GL - parts car
                    97 aspire - parts car
                    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

when i get some money to play with ill try and make one that will fit my parts car and make a jig for it... but i dont know when that will be

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

I have a spare shift linkage that the rubber is all shot so its perfect for me to use to attempt to duplicate your short shifter for my V6 project :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I realize this is an old thread, but I've been thinking about a similar mod. What is the center to center spacing on your pivot points? How is your shifter holding up and have you encountered any problems caused by the modifications?
                          Jack Byrd,
                          1991 Capri
                          1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                          1970 Chev C10
                          1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

the only down side to this mod that i have found is that its a little harder to shift in to 1st or R at a stop cause the amount of leverage you have is alot less cause the amount of movement has been reduced ALOT lol but as long as you dont have arthritis you will be fine lol... its not that bad once you get use to it...

how many people would want one built? i can finaly make some of these as i have a good welder now... if i can get a good order together ill make a few and sell them for a good price... let me know if you guys are interested...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

I'd be interested, but I'm not even sure I'll actually need it.

Comment

unless your doing track days or the car is a built track car, you dont "need" it, heck i even if its a full on racecar you dont "need it" but it can improve your track times and what not... it all depends on how much you want it... me, i wanted one in my car, so i built one...

but trust me, you NEED one, why? "because racecar"

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                                X