Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
      He liked the b3. Everyone ridiculed him because of it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      I'm blown away that people would give him shit and just not respect him

Comment

Originally posted by herk518 View Post
        I'm blown away that people would give him shit and just not respect him
        I wasn't around this forum at the time but read back through a lot of his old threads and it looks like that was the biggest part but he also made an experimental camshaft for some people who were in a hurry and it didn't turn out how they expected. One or 2 of the customers here flipped out about it pretty bad and he left. If he had been doing stuff for B6 and 1.8 engines people would have begged him to come back but he wasn't yet. Too bad really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And he'd made custom pistons for this engine that folks said they'd be willing to buy but backed out

Comment

Not Everyone.
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Not exactly what happened.
              He answered a lot of honest people's questions with arrogant insults. That didn't go over well. Lot's of poeple mod their b3 engines on here and they always get the same "why not just swap it" response. Most people just nicely answer the question and go on with much encouragement from those same concerned members. Dickmeyer seemed insulted at the thought that his expertise be questioned on a Festiva forum. That is why he left.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

At the risk of being called a troll, I'd suggest anyone wondering what actually happened, BOTH times he left, search his threads on here.

I can remember some stupid/arrogant comments/challenges that he took on the chin and just went on or even just shut them down with a "confident" remark. Like for instance '$300 for a header sounds like a lot for just 8hp'. That's just a stupid comment, and it shows the person's ignorance. Or 'I don't think you can make XXX power from XXX build.' To which he responded something like '...what you think and what I know.'

Anyway. Just search his threads is all I'm saying.

Here's an excellent example of a perfectly good reason for leaving this forum as a custom parts seller.

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?49337-DEA-B3-B6-FORGED-POWER-PISTON-KIT
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

That thread was an embarrassment

Comment

1 guy who was being a jokester, but still respectfully giving thanks to Matt, and a dozen guys who were totally happy to have such a product available. He thinks that's a tough market??? What a joke.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Discuss making performance enhancements to the OEM-spec engine in your Festiva or Aspire.

In this thread, page 4, he blatantly calls my hard earned R&D a "rip off". I was trying to help him better explain the dedication that goes into his work, as a fellow custom parts builder. He repaid me with ridiculous insults. He lost all my respect with that beautiful display if ignorance and arrogance.

Comment

I couldn't imagine that kind of header for that price. How much ponies does the 2k manifold gain vs the 10k manifold

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...rbos&highlight

In this thread, page 4, he blatantly calls my hard earned R&D a "rip off". I was trying to help him better explain the dedication that goes into his work, as a fellow custom parts builder. He repaid me with ridiculous insults. He lost all my respect with that beautiful display if ignorance and arrogance.
                          I missed that one when i read back through his old threads, wow... :p
                          I couldn't imagine that kind of header for that price. How much ponies does the 2k manifold gain vs the 10k manifold

Well, doesn't really matter, someone wanted a fancy header to do something special, was quoted the price and agreed to it. Where i work we make stuff all the time that i have no idea why people would pay x amount to have. But its what they want so we make it, thats how the world goes round
                          But anyway, matts gone, people who want to contact him still can just not here, they should read all his old threads first, and thats probably all that needs to be brought up about it here. No sense in bringing up hard feelings again. Thanks for posting the link to that thread though, i dont know how i missed it earlier. :/

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                            I missed that one when i read back through his old threads, wow...[emoji14]
                            Well, doesn't really matter, someone wanted a fancy header to do something special, was quoted the price and agreed to it. Where i work we make stuff all the time that i have no idea why people would pay x amount to have. But its what they want so we make it, thats how the world goes round
                            But anyway, matts gone, people who want to contact him still can just not here, they should read all his old threads first, and thats probably all that needs to be brought up about it here. No sense in bringing up hard feelings again. Thanks for posting the link to that thread though, i dont know how i missed it earlier. :/

I guess I just wish I knew more about r and d. Most functional properly merge collector and good wastegate angle turbo manifolds look perfect to me. I wish I could be smarter. :-(

Comment

A 2k dollar set of headers may get your mustang 1320 feet in a hurry, while a 10k dollar set will get you a nice Rolex watch after 24 straight hours of precision driving.
                              Contact Reid Washbon for a better explanation.

Comment

I guess I just wish I knew more about r and d. Most functional properly merge collector and good wastegate angle turbo manifolds look perfect to me. I wish I could be smarter. :-(

Your a very smart guy Brian, keep plugging away at all your projects. The best way to learn, is to try.

Comment

Working...
                                X