What axle config will I need with an F trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
    You can use auto festiva axles they are the same. Also auto non abs aspire axles and tracer axles 86-89 and the 323 non turbo 88-89. Also i think the non turbo Capri axles will fit as well. I am running a 89 323 f series tranny in my bp swap. Also they made the f series in a 4 speed and 5 i have the 4 in my car.
    Not to step on any toe's,just talking outloud.And trying to be a better forum member...
    So if the ATX Festy axle fits due to the fact that its inboard spline count is 24.And you are saying ATX non abs Aspire will work as well.That means these two are identical in length. With that being said,the ATX Aspire axles must be shorter than MTX Aspire axles.(Because we all know the Aspire is @ 3/4" wider) than a Festiva. According to my research the NA Capri axles will be 1/4 to long per side for this topics application. (F series in a Festiva) But this could easily be accounted for with Aspire LCA's.Wasn't the 89-90 323 @ 1.5" wider than the Festy? And came equipped with the F series instead of the E series?
    hofficergrover- would you be so kind as to post your research results.Specifically pertaining to Aspire/Festiva ATX left/right axle lengths .This would be greatly appreciated.I have no info on either ATX lengths.
    I cant see using the 89-90 na 323 axles for this topics application.They are going to be @ 3/4" to wide per side.
    By my calculations the na Capri axles with Aspire LCA's would be the very best fit for this topics application. Please anyone with info chime in. I'm only trying to get all this straight. Thanks folks-
    Also I have an Aspire that I want put the F series in. Can I use the Aspire axle with the 323 F series inner installed on it. Or even better should I just try an ATX Aspire which would give me the 24/24 spline count that I need.Thx-Nitro
    Last edited by nitrofarm; 06-11-2012, 01:08 AM.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Both Oreillys and AZ post lengths of new and reman shafts, for an 89 the auto
      is 9mm longer on the left and 11mm longer on the right. All these specs doesn't
      mean you will get that exact part in the box, often it will work but not if you
      need an exact dimension.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Axle quick reference guide

Last edited by nitrofarm; 06-11-2012, 03:25 PM.
        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
        X