No announcement yet.

2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with flowmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance you could get a video of it? I'd like to see what it sounds like. Also what down pipe are you running?
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post

We put v bands in the same location! Haha, nice!
      no, YOU put them in the same place as i did you copy cat... lol jk

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      squach, what happened to your shifter support bar?
      extra weight, one more thing to undo when you have to pull the motor and trans, another thing to go wrong... pick one, lol... nah, i chopped it off cause i never had it hooked it back up when i put the motor and trans back in... and the car drove fine without it... and then when i put the exhaust in and was trying to weld it, it was in the way, so off it came lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Why be original? So much work. Lol
        Its good to know that those support rods aren't as important as I thought. Did you poly fill around your shifter pivot?
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

The stabilizer bar is less important if you have solid motor mounts. If your mounts are loose or shot things could get tricky with the shift
          1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
          High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
          Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
            Any chance you could get a video of it? I'd like to see what it sounds like. Also what down pipe are you running?
            Stock b6t down pipe with extra o2 bung installed. 2.5" cat. No video yet. I still haven't heard it from outside the car yet. Does anyone who was at madness remember what it sounded like? Opinions?
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

You should do something about that downpipe, it's diameter is 1.5".
              14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                You should do something about that downpipe, it's diameter is 1.5".
                It's been awhile since I had it apart, but I'm pretty sure its closer to 2 1/8. Definitely bigger than 1.5". Someone have an accurate I.D.? It works good for now. I'll build a dp when I put a better turbo on the car. That is in the works along with upgraded internals.

Comment

Just measured an extra one and it is ~1.75" I.D.
                  14 C7 Z51

Comment

Hmm, well, it still flows enough to be less of a restriction than the vj11 turbine. I've run this car at 20psi and it didn't feel choked down at all, even with the cat. I'll put it on the dyno after thanksgiving to see what it's putting down. I don't want to spend time building parts for the vj .

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                      Why be original? So much work. Lol
                      Its good to know that those support rods aren't as important as I thought. Did you poly fill around your shifter pivot?
                      my shifter is one of a kind... i have never seen anything like it lol...

Discuss making performance enhancements to the OEM-spec engine in your Festiva or Aspire.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                        my shifter is one of a kind... i have never seen anything like it lol...

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21828
                        Nice! You can see more like that in roadrace and rally cars. They are commonly used in conjunction with a dogbox. Been thinking of making one for my car , but I'll be copying you again!

I bet it would be fun to toss back a few beers with you and do some brainstorming. Bet we have a lot of the same ideas. If you come down too Phoenix we can blast around in a car just like your avatar!
                        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 11-22-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

i may have to take you up on that offer.... ill let you know when im in town lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                          X