No announcement yet.

Question for those running Weber carb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little turbulence in the intake might be a good thing, distribute the gas around in the air charge a bit more, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
      I wanted smooth flow, without any ledges to create any air turbulance.
      The bottom is a match for the Festiva manifold, which makes a smooth transition to a match to the straight shape of the Weber.
      Dont know if it helps much with the 1.3, but that is the idea I had and wanted to do on my adaptor.
      Plus one!! I have done tons of conversions. You need a straight drop into the intake from where the idle mix comes out. You want to avoid unheated metal
      as much as possible. Stumbles and warm up problems. The weber venturi is well designed and more turbulence is not needed, it will usually give better mileage even with an adapter.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Here's a couple air filter boxes I have
        Are for the 3236. One is a cold air intake, or blow through turbo box.
        The other is a panel filter box and works very well for throttle response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Diamond plate! Why did you have to use diamond plate, that's what I have for mine. Actually it was the cheapest stuff my source had on hand. Your AC looks good.

Comment

Thanks, but it's not diamond plate. I use regular sheet aluminum. Sometimes I put the "engine turning" pattern on with a drill press and small wire brush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Movin................what did you mean by "unheated metal"?

Comment

OK. So I finally had time to finish the adapter. Got every thing mounted. Motor cranks and runs good. I have a problem with the choke though. I wired it up to the original hot wire coming from the alt. The choke is very slow about opening. Alt choke wire puts out 7 volts. Wired it to 12 volts, but it didn't seem to make much difference. Choke is not adjustable like on some carbs. Any suggestions?
                88L 328,000 winter daily driver
                93L 167,000 summer daily driver (AC)
                90LX 374,000 swap candidate
                88LX black- parts
                89LX burgundy-parts
                91L red-parts

Someday my ship will come in. With my luck, I'll be at the airport. (aviation machinist)

Comment

Does choke have rivets, instead of screws? If so, drill out the rivets and put in screws. Now it is adjustable.
                  Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                  Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                  Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                  Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Going from memory, I think it has locking tabs on the cover. I drilled out the rivets, took it off the body for cleaning, any reinstalled it with screws.
                    88L 328,000 winter daily driver
                    93L 167,000 summer daily driver (AC)
                    90LX 374,000 swap candidate
                    88LX black- parts
                    89LX burgundy-parts
                    91L red-parts

Someday my ship will come in. With my luck, I'll be at the airport. (aviation machinist)

Comment

How do they run with the webers. I got a festiva project and it came with 2 weber 42 dcoe. What are these worth?

Comment

Originally posted by denguy View Post
                        Movin................what did you mean by "unheated metal"?
                        The bottom of a intake usually has heated metal to help vaporization
                        and prevent fuel puddling. Too much unheated metal such as flat
                        metal left in the flow of things will cause turbulence but make tuning
                        problems during warm up as fuel will puddle there. A straight shot
                        is best, a funnel look okay, flat spots are not good. Flat spots under
                        the idle fuel hole are really not good.

If you are running propane or cng then from a drive-ability stand
                        point it does not matter at all.

This is why two 2 barrel side draft carbs set up perfect work so well
                        and don't really need a choke. A single 4 barrel set up perfect on the same
                        engine..cannot be set up perfect, it will have problems.
                        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
                        X