No announcement yet.

My B3-T setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWW.clutchnet.com is the only place I have seen performance clutches. They only had unsprung hubs before but I just looked and it looks like they offer sprung hubs on all the clutches now. Can't hurt to look.
    93 Festiva L White B6T
    99 Dodge Ram STL Green Cummins. AKA the Jolly Green Giant
    89 Festiva Blue
    91 Green “Mad Maxine” Festiva B6T
    93 Festiva GL Black BP automatic
    93 Festiva GL Green stock

Comment

^wow thanks bro and very good prices. now would i need just the clutch or the whole kit? which one would be recomended to keep up with lets say... 125-150 hp range?
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Not to sure. I know a disk will fit in the stock pressure plate but I don't think it will do any good. If you want good clamping force get a stronger pressure plate and get a sprung disk that isn't a puck clutch. They chatter a lot from what I hear.
        93 Festiva L White B6T
        99 Dodge Ram STL Green Cummins. AKA the Jolly Green Giant
        89 Festiva Blue
        91 Green “Mad Maxine” Festiva B6T
        93 Festiva GL Black BP automatic
        93 Festiva GL Green stock

Comment

Artimus, what do you think about these clutches? would these do the trick and would the e_series hold up?
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

If your just looking for 120-150hp range, Ebay has Hd, stage and spec clutches for even cheaper.
            '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
              8PSI? That's pretty conservative. I highly recommend port polishing your head. Your exhaust ports are 90 degrees like a picture frame! They'll do well to have the corners honed a little. You've inspired me to mount my IHI VJ-11 to a B3.
              do it, b3t's are fun and i plan on turning up the boost next year. i barely got to ohiostiva, the car was finished the morning i left and had problems come up since then. its now winter so the car is away for winter and i plan on driving it a lot next year

Comment

i have a vj-11 that i got and i dont think it would go well on the bp (correct me if im wrong) thats why i want to pit it on the b6 and then get a bigger turbo for the bp

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                  i have a vj-11 that i got and i dont think it would go well on the bp (correct me if im wrong) thats why i want to pit it on the b6 and then get a bigger turbo for the bp
                  Your right.
                  91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                  14 C7 Z51

Comment

Since this looks like a pretty budget minded project, if your thinking about running lean, check out this link, it looks pretty straight forward. Good luck with it, it looks like fun.

Comment

Any updates on this one? Ever get a clutch to see what it'll do?
                      89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                      92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                      New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

The vj11 would be fine on a bp. Its a step bigger than the vj20 that came on the bpt and was good for a 2000 rpm spool on a 2.2...
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

-please delete-
                          Last edited by ChrisDrives121DA; 01-07-2012, 03:42 AM. Reason: wrong thread, sorry
                          1988 Mazda 121DA canvas top
                          -73hp B3 multiport EFI swap
                          -KYB SS w/ Eibach -35mm / FMS HD rubber suspension parts

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                            The vj11 would be fine on a bp. Its a step bigger than the vj20 that came on the bpt and was good for a 2000 rpm spool on a 2.2...
                            IIRC the VJ11 compressor wheel is identical to the VJ20...the main difference is the VJ11's use of the P20 housing which is a larger A/R than the P15 housing used by the VJ20. Lose some spool but gain plenty of top end with the larger A/R

The VJ11 would be good on the BP. Make a custom dump/downpipe for it though, the stock VJ11 dump is kinda crappy
                            1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                            High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                            Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

^ well guys after alittle investigation an the info fom the last two posts I have realized that it is not a vj11 as was sold to me. It is in fact a vf13 off of a jdm "legacy twin turbo" and this is the amaller one and its def only good for a b3 b6 sohc setup sorry forthe bad info but that is what I was told that it was a vj11 and the last post about it being that.a vj11 is bigger than a stock bpt unit I looked at my turbo closer.because I knew it was way smaller than that it def turned up to be a vf14 I think (check me if im wron) and is way smaller than a vj11 and would do next to nothing on a bp but spool a 1g and drop off at 5gs

Comment

The VJ11 is not "bigger" than the BPT's VJ20 - they both flow the same CFM-wise but have different turbine housing A/R's

Post pictures & measurements of the turbo you have
                                1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                                High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                                Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Working...
                                X