My B3-T setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
    bhearts...guys...this thread is almost 2 years old...just sayin.
    ...and my car is 22 years old. My point being that people are still learning from this thread.
    I know how to use the search function, I just don't always choose to use it. New modifications, solutions, and information are discovered every day and I want to know what the current concensus is for whatever topic I have in mind. Thank you for understanding this!

Comment

• None of my booze is in the house is 22. Nor is it 2. Dammit i shoulda caught that yesterday.
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• LOL not to worry guys I'm still around and my car is still chuggin'...different motor setup now though. I was using a stock single from a 3000gt/stealth. And it spooled instantly, I'd say a t25 would be perfect if you want more headroom.
        '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

• i just love your car!
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Bustiva. is there a low pressure oil drain in the timing chain cover for the block or boss on a b3? I have one in the backyard and I saw a hex hole on the back of the engine on the timing cover in aluminum is that for oil or water?
            Last edited by getnpsi; 12-25-2013, 08:28 PM.
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Come summer this is happening to my car and Im going to beat the snot out of it.
              1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
              2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• buddy that is unreal!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTIVA View Post

As narrated by Richard Dean Anderson

Cue macguyer theme song

Oh this was just a see how cheap I could do it build, I plan to mandrel bend a nice set of chargepipes once I setup a FMIC. And laugh all you want, I will eventually beat a BP and a B6t..mark my words. Doing the impossible is my specialty. :p

Sent from the depths of hell.
                  Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                  Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                  Highway - 7.32L/100km
                  City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                    The suzuki swift clutch mod...........

It works with the E series ONLY !!!

1. You have to have the flywheel machined completely flat (no more step)

2. You have to grind on the inside of the bellhousing in some spots, mainly close to the starter, and the nose of the starter

3. The flywheel has to have new bolt and guide pin holes drilled.

The festiva and geo metro have the same input shaft diameter and # of splines.

The swift clutch works very well, but will give someone the ability to break the trans easier.

If anyone has ?s on this I have done it and will be glad to help.

It has a 8 inch clutch instead of the festy's 7.125 inch
                    What years of swift would be suitable for the flywheel?

If i can't find one, what brand clutch kits would you recommended for the e series flywheel?
                    Last edited by jhntu; 12-18-2014, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhntu View Post
                      What years of swift would be suitable for the flywheel?

If i can't find one, what brand clutch kits would you recommended for the e series flywheel?
                      You need that swift flywheel.there aren't any reliable clutch options if you stay stock and have a turbo. But it all depends on driving habits and boost levels

Comment

• SPEC was what I came up with when I went looking for performance E clutches.
                        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Wrong, the Festiva flywheel has to be modified, the swift flywheel will not work. The swift flywheel will not bolt to the festy motor, and of out did it wouldn't fit inside the bell housing
                          -Greg
                          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09
                          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                            Wrong, the Festiva flywheel has to be modified, the swift flywheel will not work. The swift flywheel will not bolt to the festy motor, and of out did it wouldn't fit inside the bell housing
                            So no swift flywheel.. Alright..

Comment

• Sorry I should have explained. The Festiva one has to be ground flat, and the pins and bolts have to be moved outwards (which I'd only trust a good machinist to do this) it cost me $125 to have my flywheel modified. It sold with Casper
                              -Greg
                              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09
                              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Thanks euro ... Lol.

Understood it to be:

Get swift flywheel, machine it flat, ground bellhousing to suit, add clutch.. Done..

Thinking about this a little more, since the clutch fits with a little grinding, would the swifts 1.3l flywheel work?

Ever so curious..

Comment

Working...
                                X