Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a 200+ HP motor Festiva?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I meant is they are altering the crank, maybe shortening it.

Comment

• ...and what I'm saying is that any alteration in the distance between the centre of the main bearing journals and the centre of the connecting rod journals from what originally came from the factory, such as what would happen if the stroke is lengthened or shortened, is going to change the displacement unless the cylinder bore is increased or decreased proportionately to keep the 1323cc displacement that the B3 engine displaces...
      * Retired Festiva-er*
      1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
      B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

• Re: the Flowmaster. It's not the best choice for a turbo engine. It's a chambered design - for a turbo you'd want a flow-through type (hopefully with the in and out pipes aligned) to reduce (or if possible) eliminate back pressure. I wish you luck with the project.

JS

Comment

• thanks for encouragement

I appreciate your encouragement, she will be an interesting motor

I figure the stroke will be shortened a bit, generating a higher rpm, so the cam will have to match that stroke. Im so tired of waiting on my engine guys. I figure though to achieve such a high rpm the crank will be shortened a good bit, that will thow my RPM's up, with the port and polish piston pressure will be high with a proper boost. As far as the Flowmaster, the exhaust will be interesting I imagine, but they figure that Flowmaster will give us the desired back pressure needed to power that turbo. We will get good and detailed pics. Im just getting impatient cause I wanna see her motor and get more info as well as get her on the DYNO.

I have been instructed the stock 1.3 is titled a B3? Dont know what my motor will be called. I'll just call it a "Hellofamota"

I imagine folks here are impatient and wanna see pics and DYNO reports as well as images of her being filmed on the DYNO, which we will get.

Im about as impatient as you all believe me. Before long we will have what you desire and some film clips. Noone has really seen her in her entirety. It will be interesting and I will film her what she looks like externally and internally, AND GET THEM DYNO REPORTS.

I cant wait, has anyone attempted these mods on a Festiva? As far as 12 point port polish? Intake ports are all being done up too. We want her to SING! :twisted:

Im working on getting what you guys desire.

Thanks

Comment

• well i believe i speak for all here when i ask: what the F*%& is a 12 point port and polish?? :? in all my years around performance motors, I've never heard of such a thing, so I'm curious.

now as far as the stroke is concerned... shorting the stroke allows higher RPM by decreasing the average piston speed at a given RPM (like what would be redline). here's where it can get hairy though, if you shorten the stroke on a stock crank, you are actually milling down the journals making them smaller (weaker) and this demands that you also get rods to match the new journal size and are longer than stock so that you have the correct piston to deck clearance. this method is NOT recommended for the B-series engines as their journals are very small to begin with.

there is one way around what is written above and that is having your crank welded. you haven't mentioned this so-far, so i don't think this is what your shop is doing. Here's how it works though in case you want to know: taking your crank, the shop will weld extra material to the side of the rod journals closest to the crank centerline. they then re-mill the crank journals in their new position to the correct diameter. they will then re-drill the oil feed holes to put them where they belong as well. the last step is removing the unnecessary weight off the crank throws and re-balance. this is an expensive process as it takes many man hours to do it.

now back to the power output: i have full confidence that you'll meet the 250 mark can't wait to see the results.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

So where are you getting custom pistons and custom rods made? The stockers won't take any sort of real abuse. Altering the stroke on an engine requires different rods and pistons anyway. You can't mod them. Turbo's don't require backpressure to operate. The engine itself does. The less restriction you have after the turbo, the better it's performance.
              HENRY
              Fast, fun and good gas mileage. 91' Festiva(RIP) and 96' Aspire(RIP). The website is no more.

Comment

• lets get with the updates Ra. :lol:

Comment

• ok i am still kinda concerned where you are talking about back pressure to run your turbo.

Turbo's don't need back pressure, hell if you where allowed to on the streets just run a dump pipe with a screamer pipe running of the waste gate. people will know your coming from about 5 miles away tho.

cars that are naturally aspirated rely on getting properly tuned length exhausts to give the good mix between awesome flow and the required back pressure.

any car that is forced induction, supercharged or turbocharged, doesn't require the back pressure, just a huge exhaust to get the waste gasses away from the turbine wheel.

200hp will need bigger than a 2", i just put a 3" mandrel through mine and the power increase is really noticeable, lower spool up as well.
                  2000 Festiva 1.3T 120hp
                  MY BABY

Comment

• its past the 15th...
                    90 L FI..second B3
                    90 L Parts car
                    Jay

Comment

• I wanna personally drive to see all you haters and demonstrate lack of faith, she getting done, it doesnt happen over night. If you were knowledgable you would know building a motor like mine isnt a 1 day thing.

I yearn to prove you wrong.

Comment

• Keep us posted I can't wait to see the final result 8)

Will
                        Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
                        187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

• You are the one calling people who are skeptical, haters. We aren't telling you it won't happen or can't be done we are saying that there are alot of things that you haven't talked about doing that would be absolutely necessary to do what you are claiming. Once again, we aren't trying to hate but have very real concerns that shouldn't be pushed off by you as hating. Constructive criticism is not hating. Calling us haters is just even more ignorant rather than addressing our concerns. :roll: Goodluck.
                          Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

• bp turbo

it is very cheap to build a bp turbo...and it push MORE power than any 1.3 ca do even with many $$$ try more than 300 hp from a 1.3 sohc 8v... with a 1.8 dohc 16v it is easy and not too $

the fastest aspire auto in the world

Comment

• Originally posted by eye_of_ra93
                              I wanna personally drive to see all you haters
                              Too bad you could never catch up to me
                              * Retired Festiva-er*
                              1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                              B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

• Post subject: Does anyone have a 200+ HP motor Festiva?

Yes I do. 210hp for sure. I bet it's more like 250hp with my 3" downpipe and 3" exhaust, upgraded intercooler, k&n, and 15psi boost. Needs a dyno tune.

I didn't read your nine page megapost, so I really don't know where this thread is. been too busy to post, but i still come in hear. I'll get off my ass soon and do an update on the 1988 festiva gtr. It's about to get a standalone.

good luck on your car.
                                http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

Working...
                                X