Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a 200+ HP motor Festiva?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe... Just for clarification, is your power goal still 200hp? After your engine is completely built with "a 12 point polish and a custom crankshaft for cooling", and you've dumped countless thousands of dollars into this Festiva... you're going to be happy with 200hp? And is that turbocharged too?!
    * Retired Festiva-er*
    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Ok, I will answer your question!

No I don't have a 200Hp festiva motor, do you?

Its amezing how 6 pages could'nt answer a simple question.
      06 vw Bora
      09 Nissan Versa
      fastest B6T is back!!!
      http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

If I told you what my engine is costing me, noone would believe me. Not expensive at all if you have good contacts and know the right people.

As for the name calling, I dont understand why members disrespect me and try to discredit me. I don't understand the disrespect.

Yes, I believe she may hit 200+ HP when finished. I don't have DYNO print outs yet because she is still being worked on.

I don't hate on any of you, as for Rich and others sucess I respect their hard work. Just dont hate on me for trying something different. I may not have a Cosworth engine but I believe she will be able to hang with one. Instead of diss'ing on me try to understand what we're doing.

We intend to suceed and dont plan on our motor failing after a few months. She is being built to last. Just don't put me down, you are all the ones who have questions, be patient and they will be answered.

I don't appreciate insults, I feel like Im at Cardomain.com here.
        My engine hasn't changed nor has what we planned to create, I have just considered idea's given to me to ensure longevity and traction. I have not changed my plans at all. Everthing mentioned has been discussed, and I appreciate all your input, however I just dont appreciate folks talking crap and putting me down. I find it ridiculous.

Our top 10 are Festiva's that are hard to beat! They were designed and built by great people. I dont diss on them nor their numbers. I look and see what they did and how they did it and then take that info and run with it and use new inginuity. I dont copy anyone, Im all orriginal, just stop hating me for it.

Why brag when my car is on jack stands right now in my garage, I have no bragging rights, I have just told folks of what is about to be unveiled, folks hate me and try to discredit me for doing so. They claim "it cant be done" well they better do more research.

As for my mechanic, he has gone off the net, and is a family man former racer of 808 Built. He hasnt built motors for some time, but he feels he wants to build a car state side and do me a favor. No need to hate on him nor me. Just perfect your cars and do great things yourself.

Enough said, you are all friends, just dont dog on me for what Im creating. If you want to dog me than you are not a friend in my book.

Where have I bragged? I told folks Im building a possibly 200+ WHP Festiva. I never told anyone "In your face."

Be excited for me, cause she will be new, mods never done. And some mods may have been attempted but failed. This site isnt a bragging board, its for Festiva enthusiasts who enjoy Festiva's. If you wanna hate goto Cardomain, there are plenty of haters there.

Yes, Eye of Ra will hopefully be 200+ HP. And soon we will prove it. Until then hold your hating to yourself. Cause you may be just proved wrong when saying it cant be done.

Comment

i hope my mention of the cossie motor wasn't taken in ridicule... my intent was to only give an example with which you could base your build and take ideas from. no hating intended whatsoever.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by MEXTIVA

Are you sure you don't? I'd have guessed over 200HP for your 12.7's. Can't wait to run mine.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
            BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
            BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
            New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

I'm not hating you Joe,
              I just answered your question to get back to the topic.Keep up the good work!
              06 vw Bora
              09 Nissan Versa
              fastest B6T is back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mattswabb
                Originally posted by MEXTIVA

Are you sure you don't? I'd have guessed over 200HP for your 12.7's. Can't wait to run mine.
                I do have a little over 200hp on my B6T, But he's question is on a B3 engine.
                06 vw Bora
                09 Nissan Versa
                fastest B6T is back!!!

Comment

I thought he was trying to get 200whp without a turbo from a 1.3L. Now that I know he's going to be using a turbo... 200whp out of that engine shouldn't be that hard to attain. As far as setting records, I'm sure he'll be the fastest B3 powered Festiva out there, and that is what it seems his goal is. Good luck and I can't wait to see it done.
                  * Retired Festiva-er*
                  1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!

Comment

Sometimes best advice is:

"Make do with what you can afford"NUT
                    Rich Norman
                    5 Festivas:
                    1992 L - Daily Driver
                    1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
                    1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
                    1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
                    1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

I doubt there's an 800hp Festiva here.

So what you are saying is that the best idea would be to de-stroke the engine to cope with 10,000rpm
                      * Retired Festiva-er*

Comment

Originally posted by eye_of_ra93
                        I don't appreciate insults, I feel like Im at Cardomain.com here.
                        If you wanna hate goto Cardomain, there are plenty of haters there.
                        That is so true. I was :sign5: when I read that. Joe, it is a good thing you have a sense of humor (and patience) or you would be long from from this forum. I wish you the best of luck on your project. Though I still want to see a picture of your exhaust manifold. I want to see how it was designed, that way it can give me an idea for mine.
                        The Festiva Store
                        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Yes if only he had facts to answer very real questions about his setup then we wouldn't be "haters", we would be admirers.. Instead he continues to post NO INFORMATION about HOW he plans on accomplishing this goal... I'm tired of trying to figure it out... Post when all the mods are done and it's on the road.. -Kyle
                          Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Our project has taken longer than expected, waiting on pistons to be notched correctly. I want it done by May 15th but who knows. We are waiting on plans from a member of the Decasta family to implement with our plans. Hopefully she will be done soon.

All you top 10 Festy owners are those who inspired me to go wild on a 1.3. Your feedback and advice here is appreciated, just dont call me an idiot for trying.

We will have to tinker with some things to get the power we desire, this motor will be unique in the fact she will have longevity. Its just hard to achieve that with a high power 1.3

I have a great sense of humor, you should see the haters who visit at cardomain

As for how we will achieve this power, it will be an advanced port polish, intake will also ofcourse be done. It will have high RPM's but my crank will have some mods to keep it cool as well. Bottom end will be strong to withstand the power she will put out. Correctly notched and sleeved pistons. She will be powered by a Garret, the oil pump will be mod'ed for high out put. A 2 inch exhaust will power the turbo. She will be DYNO tuned for max output. Cam will be custom to the design.

As far as the port/polish I will get full details, because some extra things are being to for power gains. Positioning of the motor will be crutial and it will be fine tuned, and have different supports to withstand the HP she will put out.

I think you guys will love some of the things, they will be new and unique, I will try to share as much as I can and am allowed.

Once completed she will have pics taken and they will be sent to Turbo Magazine along with 2 other engines being done.

Thank you for support and feedback, just be praying for me, my car needs it. She will crank and estimated 10000 RPM and put out possibly over 300 HP. We arent sure yet, but we soon will.

Be hopeful for me, I hope to give some new ideas to tuning and ideas for upgrading B3's and B6's to achieve even more power.

You will soon see our numbers. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by B6T
                              So what you are saying is that the best idea would be to de-stroke the engine to cope with 10,000rpm
                              Fred, I'm standing down on this thread ( hey that rhymes ! ).

I see no expounding on technical assessment since his goal has been restated. Now it's being just the " fastest B3 on the forum ", which we all know will invariably one of the slower cars ( sorry, it's the truth ).

I generally find for the most part, performance engine building, driveline, etc, no matter what subsystem you deal with, is just rehashing same protocol and approaches to dealing with issues that affect the end goals. Implementations of those approaches may differ, but the general idea remains the same.

Even goes for engineers and patent inventors ( often, it's far fewer "new" discoveries when you peel away the marketing hype and do a technical analysis ).
                              Rich Norman
                              5 Festivas:
                              1992 L - Daily Driver
                              1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
                              1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
                              1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
                              1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

i just looked at all of your pictures on car domain.

i have to say it looks ridiculous how far your wheels stick out past your guards, whoever put the rubber on those rims has no idea either, you usually put the proper size rubber on a rim, not a Tyre that is about 2 inches smaller thinner than the rim.

i would seriously suggest getting rid of the air bags or hydraulics.

nice spray job, i just wanna see the end result.

your tech (as you call him) must be one of the slowest working people on this planet, since this thread has been running i have managed to blow my engine, fully rebuild it, plus while not working on mine, building a genuine 7second 1200hp drag car.

if i was you i would be pissed and telling him to pull his thumb out of his ass and hurry up.
                                2000 Festiva 1.3T 120hp
                                MY BABY

Comment

Working...
                                X