Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a 200+ HP motor Festiva?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your right. I am sorry. It's just hard to believe when people make claims like this and don't support it with anything. I hope this works out for him.
    HENRY
    Fast, fun and good gas mileage. 91' Festiva(RIP) and 96' Aspire(RIP). The website is no more.

Comment

i think the 1400 psi was the cylinder pressure not compressed air. Blueprinting has nothing to do with keeping trade know-how hush hush. It is balencing the motor, tightening all the tolerances and such. It works much better with sloppy american in-block cam engines than little import motors with much better tolerances from the factory to get the most out of the little engines
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

all i can contribute to this thread is wow. So much criticism
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I hope you're switching out your airbags for some Teins and a rollcage. I wouldn't trust even a 14 second car running air... just too damn scary!

Good luck Joe!
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Well guess we have some that feel the HP we are estimating in unachievable, I respect that. Someone said that what I'm doing probably has been attempted before, however I assure you it has not!
            The reason the engine is being blue printed is so that we have no copycats. We want this Festiva to be uncontendable! We want it to be be the fastest in the world, motor longevity has been discussed in fine detail. I told the tech I want her to last.
            Power is achievable if you know your engines, their breaking point and necessary mods to achieve it.
            Twelve point port and polish? Not many know how. My car engine is being built by a master at the craft. I guess you guys will know soon enough if I mean business or not. I didnt believe that much power could be accomplished myself, however I have faith in my mechanic, he isnt one to talk BS.
            Mods are being done to cam, pistons, crankshaft and of course the 12 point port and polish. You all can behold her power when she is done.

Comment

I dont hate anyone here, I just cant wait to awe you all with enormous power and speed from a 1.3. You guys are always cool with me, just hang tight and we will reveal some things to you.

Comment

We aren't downing you, what we are trying to do is get an idea of how you are going to do this but you still don't answer any of our very "real" concerns.. :roll: What engine management? What's your redline going to be? What suspension? What clutch? What transmission? What turbo? -Kyle
                Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

We will have numbers soon, the car will be tested and fine tuned. I am surprised you folks have'nt heard of the 12 point port and polish, only a few know how to do it. Its not a comon known procedure. It's what will give me the provided power to really launch my car. The front end is ungoing many mods to hold the engine and front end to the car. Other mods to the frame will be done for stability.
                  Its a costly project however my results will be great! I am eager to race all contenders, especially in top end speed.
                  We will either modify my current tranny or upgrade. If we can get the gears we want we will just modify my current tranny, as for the computer that was one of the 1st things I asked at the beginning of the project, after we get her back together if she doesnt perform computer will be internally modified by my tech. He isn't your average mechanic!
                  He is an engineer/mechanic/tech/and machinist.
                  I can't wait to get you all numbers, my credibility is questionable, but soon we will have numbers. We will prove the power of a 1.3
                  After engine is broken in I will also get some track times. If I have to swap out the suspension to do so, oh well no big deal.
                  Im not wasting my time, nor yours I hope. I just plan to unveil one hell of a motor soon.
                  DJ, when done I want you to look at the Eye of Ra and her engine. You will be surprised at what extents I went to make one hell of a 1.3
                  All of your feedback is welcome here guys, many of you here have sweet rides and lots of knowledge, my mechanic has alot of knowledge, he doesn't like to loose. We dont plan on loosing.
                  Wayne J. wants to make Eye of Ra uncontendable. We will get you some numbers soon. The parts and tools needed to build this car we are building can be obtained if you know the right people and have friends in Japan and Hawaii.
                  I don't claim to have the fastest car yet, however she will be a great contender and may surpass the speed records here at FF.com
                  We don't have the bragging rights yet, we may not ever get the right to do so. I am thinking however she will be quick and folks will think twice before ever attempting to race her.
                  We are going to show a new way to tune and modify. Its a scary procedure if you dont know what you are doing.
                  You all have every right to doubt me. But when I show you power and speed believe me next time.
                  We are building her to last and run cool.

Comment

Where to start ummmmm..... Speechless!!!

K, so after many days of deliberation I have come to the conclusion that the world is round.

Love empty useless statements!!

So the 1400psi max might be the dynamic pressure inside the compression chamber?

Number two I'm ready to race when you are! Come up and well race Mission raceway in Vancouver. Talk is cheap!

Turbo?
                    Drive train?
                    Compression ratio?
                    Bore?
                    stroke?
                    79 CI?
                    Engine management?
                    Intercooler water/air?
                    Water Injection?
                    Nitrous?
                    exhaust size?
                    Manifold or tube or cast?
                    intake manifold surge or cast?
                    pistons?rods?rings?

Hey if you made it Nitro methane it could make 200hp NA!

Easy questions let us know.

Comment

wait he is trying to get 200 hp from a N/A engine?!?!?!

sorry but there is only so much horse power you can get out of a 1.3 liter engine and that is not close 200 hp. With a turbo it is POSSIBLE but would cost lots and lots of money and would prolly blow up after 10 hours of use....

sorry man but if you really want to make power go with a bp or a b6t engine....
                      Ian Carr
                      88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
                      99' S70 T5M- faster DD
                      86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

At first I hope my post on this wasn't ment to flame but I have experience with high performance cars. My 97 Z28 went 11 with 1.5 60' on drag radials pushing 3710 race pounds. I am switching to a festiva to make it fun again and something different. Not to mention 1000 for a clutch and flywheel every 6 months got old. I hope at the end of may The eye of ra shows me different (total truth) but I think he will have his check book taken for a ride. Just tring to help out a fellow hotroder.

I have a 2005 ninja ZX6R 636CC's which is 38.8 cu in and it makes right over a hundred horse rear wheel but it has to turn over 13,000rpm to do so and only make 50 ft pounds of tq. So It is possible but that 636 engine wont work in a 1800 pound car.
                        93 festiva
                        the only car I have ever own with no mods.

Comment

i think the overwhelming point here, Ra, is that its probably best to wait until the car is done, run an impressive dyno or track number, and THEN hype it... because you're opening yourself up for a LOT of embarassment if you talk all this talk and the car winds up not walking the walk.

Comment

I'm gonna actually have agree with him ^^. I don't care how mechanically inclined your Grandmaster, NASA approved godlike machinist is he cannot pull it off. I don't think it will be worth your while to run a twin turbo setup in time, one will be more efficient in your case. If you run anything over a T3 super 60 lag time we'll be ridiculously slow. I have a friend who has a b16a in civic, all motor setup, 13/1 comp. Micro polished everything, balanced/blueprinted and running 183 whp and low torque probably 120 some. His car runs a 13.8 in the quarter. The 1.3 is not a torque monster and will never be a torque monster therefore i believe you will never achieve anything better than a 14 second time slip.

I'm not dogging you either, the goal of 200hp+ won't happen

Prove me wrong...

If you get over 200hp with spray on dyno in 3rd pull (A) your exhaust would get so red hot from turbo temps you might scorch your lower radiator hose. Or (B) you'll throw a rod hard into the ground people in japan would mistake it for a earthquake.
                            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

i hate to disagree with everyone here, but i think he might be able to push the 200hp mark if everything he has said has been done to his engine has been done.
                              my b3 has had a port and polish and the chambers bored out, only running 8psi on 98octane fuel it made 120hp, still with a stock bottom end.

only problem is the bottom end, you can use a totally stock top end and pull good numbers if your bottom end can handle the amount of boost your prepared to screw into it.

i know i tried upping my boost to 14psi, (i wanted to see what it would do, stupid i know on a stock bottom end). and the numbers that were starting to appear were pretty decent, until a piston decided to let go.

i think 200hp out of a properly built and tuned b3 isn't out of the question.

i have seen people with a 1.3 starlet gt pushing close to 300hp.

but we will just have to see when his car finally gets on the road.

my question is only this.

WHAT PISTONS DID YOU USE???
                              2000 Festiva 1.3T 120hp
                              MY BABY

Comment

We don't have bragging rights yet gentlemen, why folks think the mods being done have already been attempted, I assure you they have not been attempted. You gotta be nuts to attempt the things we are doing!
                                You gotta know your stuff to attempt what is being done, we are wanting her to be fast but be durable as well. In order for that to happen other mods are necessary to crankshaft.
                                I will be ready soon to travel, I couldnt last year due to low compression in my old engine, I couldnt get her over 45 MPH on the interstate, however this year will be different and I want folks to behold extreme power from a measely 1.3
                                I will wanna race a few of you, she will be dyno tuned and we will get the bugs out and then I will head to the track and come visit contenders. I enjoy friendly competition. We just wanna build an exotic and fast 1.3
                                I could go B3 or B6 if I wanted but I think results from this engine will be alarming. With the multiple points ported and polished I can achieve incredible power.
                                We aren't building a go-cart here gentlemen, we are building a Festiva that will move out on demand. Response will be quick.
                                I don't plan on embarassing myself or anyone here, I just want to demonstrate how a 1.3 can be fully mod'ed to perform with power.
                                I hope to be in the top 5 fastest cars here, and I hope to achieve it with a 1.3

Comment

Working...
                                X