No announcement yet.

Dickmeyer Automotive Engineering Race Header B3/B6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the FMS units were both tri-y headers. i have the B6 unit as well and can't say that i like it all that much.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      the FMS units were both tri-y headers. i have the B6 unit as well and can't say that i like it all that much.
      Haven't looked at it in awhile. It was free! Came off Dj's car techno.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Matt, I don't know how many dyno runs you did, or in what state of mods, but could you provide some details on the results of the testing concerning the tube header? I realize you may not have even wasted your time dyno'ing the stock manifold, but some idea of the potential gains through the rpm range with stock and ported head would be sweet and may even help with the sale.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

those are some lonnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg tube headers.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
            $300 & it includes 2 bungs as shown.
            Is that for the weld yourself kit or the complete welded header?
            Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
            Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
            Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
            WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Festevil3 View Post
              Is that for the weld yourself kit or the complete welded header?
              $300 for the complete header ready to install.
              PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                Matt, I don't know how many dyno runs you did, or in what state of mods, but could you provide some details on the results of the testing concerning the tube header? I realize you may not have even wasted your time dyno'ing the stock manifold, but some idea of the potential gains through the rpm range with stock and ported head would be sweet and may even help with the sale.
                To be honest, I tested that over 3 years ago & didn't keep the file. As I recall header was worth around 8 HP on a stock Festiva & around 14.5 HP with head work. I will be doing some testing on some parts that I am developing at the present & bought a stock '91 Festiva to test with. So I will be able to start from scratch with base line numbers all the way to highly modified.
                PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

To be honest, I tested that over 3 years ago & didn't keep the file. As I recall header was worth around 8 HP on a stock Festiva & around 14.5 HP with head work. I will be doing some testing on some parts that I am developing at the present & bought a stock '91 Festiva to test with. So I will be able to start from scratch with base line numbers all the way to highly modified.
                  That is awesome to hear!

Comment

^X2 can't wait to see some data
                    Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers

Comment

Good enough. IMO, those are pretty substantial gains for a 60hp start. I'm really curious of the potential gains on a B6, since the stock B6 manifold is a little better design than the B3. I suspect it would be similar, all thing taken into account.
                      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Gidday mattdickmeyer! This business of yours with seeking to improve B3s is quite intriguing. The roller rocker arm cylinder heads of Aspires are supposed to be better performing. Wikapedia: " Mazda B-series engines" says carbed B3s were rated at 58 hp, EFIs 63 and that later B3 models were good for 70+ hp. Is it possible that Aspire B3s are that much more powerful and have you ever looked inside one? The manifolds and injectors are larger and the exhaust manifold is tube steel instead of a casting.
                        My very limited understanding of headers is that 'tuned' versions have functionally-equal length pipes going into a collector and that taking into account bends and/or curves in order to do that is a real art.
                        I'm following these posts with great interest.

Comment

Bert, all North American EFI B3s are 63 hp, and the Aspire exhaust manifold is horrible for scavenging, so they were stealing from Peter to pay Paul by running the roller rockers...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                            Bert, all North American EFI B3s are 63 hp, and the Aspire exhaust manifold is horrible for scavenging, so they were stealing from Peter to pay Paul by running the roller rockers...
                            I don't doubt that, but I'd like to see some numbers. And your valued and expert opinion is the first of these. Next question: What did Mazda do in other markets to come up with 73 hp out of a B3? If Saipa/Kia/Mazda or someone else actually makes twin cam heads, that we could affordably get hold of, that would be a real boost.

Comment

^DOHC b3 hmmmmmm that would be awesome

Comment

the festiva GT-A had the DOHC B3 (Japan only) and made ~88hp. Bert the 73hp B3 that you refer to is installed in eastern market 323s (BF/G only) and Laser, they mistakenly pulled the info from the Mazda B series engine article without verifying which cars it was installed in. the higher HP engine was destined for the larger cars (323 and Laser) where the Aspire and Avella kept the 63hp version. they also state the the 72hp engine is a 16v sohc. i've seen one of these heads and they are WIERD and i can't say that they'd swap over without all the fixin's to go with them.

that and the FSM also states 63hp...
                                Last edited by FestYboy; 01-04-2013, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X