Dickmeyer Automotive Engineering Race Header B3/B6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
    $300 for the complete header ready to install.

$300 is a very good price for such a high quality unit.... if i still had a b3 in the festiva, i would have already placed an order lol.....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Edit: 300 for that hp gain is steep.
      Last edited by M3NTAL; 01-05-2013, 01:03 AM.
      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Dickmeyer Automotive Engineering Race Header B3/B6

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
        Yeah but your big money baller lightning smoke show driver!
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Re: Dickmeyer Automotive Engineering Race Header B3/B6

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
          What do you expect? Just throw some tubes on and bam +30hp?
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Harley Davidson mike. Work hard play hard! Ball so hard!
            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

think of the % of gain vs. dollar spent, not just # of ponies. given that, you have a 8/63=12.7% gain in power/$300=0.04233% per $ spent

now i'll take the 350Z as another example

it has 306hp to start, now lets add a cat back exhaust to it and it gains 6hp (as shown HERE), that's a 2% increase (rounded up) with a cost of $835.

running the math again, you get 0.0024% gain per $ spent which is horrible

Matt's header is the better investment in compairison.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Re: Dickmeyer Automotive Engineering Race Header B3/B6

Not to mention the equation the header is just part of...
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

What I believe bhazard was saying is that the header itself is NOT the power producer, but it IS 1 of several, well thought out modifications that, when combined, has shown over 110% increase in power, & this is just scratching the surface. There is more to come! It is frustrating, however, developing, producing & bringing to you guys performance products, which are needed to further your cause & than hear you complain over $300. But it has to start somewhere. If you can see it from my point of view, all the time, engineering & developing, testing & building & then ALL the equipment that is required to make these products available, NOT ONLY to YOU but to ALL of my customers, building that header cost me nearly a quarter of a million dollars. So in retro spec, $300 is not that much. Please don't think that I am being pissy cause I'm not, I don't just snap my fingers & this stuff appears. I am just like you, I need a pay check on Friday as well.
                  PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
                    What I believe bhazard was saying is that the header itself is NOT the power producer, but it IS 1 of several, well thought out modifications that, when combined, has shown over 110% increase in power, & this is just scratching the surface. There is more to come! It is frustrating, however, developing, producing & bringing to you guys performance products, which are needed to further your cause & than hear you complain over $300. But it has to start somewhere. If you can see it from my point of view, all the time, engineering & developing, testing & building & then ALL the equipment that is required to make these products available, NOT ONLY to YOU but to ALL of my customers, building that header cost me nearly a quarter of a million dollars. So in retro spec, $300 is not that much. Please don't think that I am being pissy cause I'm not, I don't just snap my fingers & this stuff appears. I am just like you, I need a pay check on Friday as well.
                    Great work! keep it up, don't let the "haters" get to you.

And i WILL be placing my order sooner than later.
                    Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                    Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                    Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                    WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

I appreciate it very much. One thing for all to remember, and this applies to many things,....IF ITS CHEAP OR FREE, IT OFTEN HAS LITTLE TO NO VALUE, YOU STILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. What I build for you guys is engineered to have the best functionality, yet come in at the best possible price. A performance shop like mine comes few & far between, when you order a header or a ported head or whatever it may be, it is done here by myself personally, for you the customer. To me that ads a personal touch & you know what you are getting. You can't just call up SUMMIT & order anything you need for your car, maybe I am a gluten for punishment, but for some reason, I am drawn to this cause.
                      PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

Lord knows I've spent more on things that made less HP. Heck, some guys drop more than that on long tubes or even an intake/TB/plenum for their 2V Mustangs and get less in terms of % increase. Especially if they pay some one to drop the K-member to install the headers. They complain that they didnt see much in terms of peak HP on the dyno and wish they would have saved all the money for a S/C. But, that's how it goes with supporting mods and bolt-ons.
                        Another thing to consider is HP gain throughout the entire curve. 8HP peak gain may not be much, but if it builds even a little through the entire RPM curve, the car will be faster.

I remember when you could buy a set of Cyclone headers for under $100. They did the job, but they were far from being well engineered. The primaries were usually too big and the lengths were whatever was easiest to fit and cheapest to build. The collectors were terrible, just 4 tubes stuck in whatever size tube they would fit. Usually way to big and no fire cone or thought of flow design.
                        Last edited by blkfordsedan; 01-07-2013, 11:49 AM.
                        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Matt, do these headers work on both gen1 and gen2 B6 heads? I.E. are the bolt patterns and the exhaust ports the same on both heads?
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                            Matt, do these headers work on both gen1 and gen2 B6 heads? I.E. are the bolt patterns and the exhaust ports the same on both heads?
                            Negative. 2nd gen B6's have square ports all lined up in a row, whereas early B6's have rounded ports that are curvy.

Last edited by Aaronbrook37; 01-08-2013, 03:15 PM.
                            1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Aaron, you have that very wrong. the links you have posted are for 2 very different engines, the first one is for a first gen B6 or B3 (8v), the second you have posted is for a B6-ME (16v) or B6D/T (like in your sig). the first and second gen B6 exhaust ports are identical in shape and position BUT there is a differance in that the 2 outer top bolt holes are positioned slightly differently on the second gen. It would be a matter of just elongating those 2 holes on the header flange and then the header would bolt up.
                              Last edited by FestYboy; 01-08-2013, 03:38 PM.
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                                Aaron, you have that very wrong. the links you have posted are for 2 very different engines, the first one is for a first gen B6 or B3 (8v), the second you have posted is for a B6-ME (16v) or B6D/T (like in your sig). the first and second gen B6 exhaust ports are identical in shape and position BUT there is a differance in that the 2 outer top bolt holes are positioned slightly differently on the second gen. It would be a matter of just elongating those 2 holes on the header flange and then the header would bolt up.
                                My mistake. Thanks for correcting me. I was under the impression that all of the second generation B6's were of the 16v / DOHC variety. Good to know!
                                1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
                                X